Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

new plutonia bug?

On level 15, I got stuck in the position below... if I didn't have my rocket launcher, I wouldn't be able to suicide my way out. I guess it could be a risen3d thing, but I wasn't jumping or anything like that.

I've got stuck in that area in GZDoom before, so I don't think it's a Risen3D thing.

Speaking of Risen3D, I couldn't play Plutonia with it. If I turned off Mouselook, the damn rocket launcher would keep aiming at the floor if it weren't auto-aimed onto an enemy. Annoying.

Jayextee said:

I've got stuck in that area in GZDoom before, so I don't think it's a Risen3D thing.

Speaking of Risen3D, I couldn't play Plutonia with it. If I turned off Mouselook, the damn rocket launcher would keep aiming at the floor if it weren't auto-aimed onto an enemy. Annoying.

Don't think I've had that happen. But for some reason opening the console doesn't pause the game, that really needs fixing.

i've got stuck down there every time I played that map. It wouldn't surprise me if they left it like that on purpose though, given how much of a bastard that map is anyway.

Just checked in in doom builder and one of the door frames can be opened like a door to reveal a way out, not that you would ever discover that other than by accident. Guess it makes some kind of sense as an escape route if you are blocked in that room...

It's a 32-unit wide gap, falling down it is the vertical equivalent of a glide. Easier in engines that have increased angle table accuracy, I think.

Plutonia was made long before the mechanics of glides were understood, in those days I believe traversing a 32-unit gap horizontally or vertically was believed impossible.

On the screen you can see that he didn't fall in a 32-unit wide gap, just on that little platform before the yellow key. And woah, I never knew that you can actually get out of there by pressing one of the walls. I swear that when I've got stuck there for the first time I pressed every wall like 1000 times...

Oh. Trust me to over-think it. :-/ I saw the automap overlay and thought "that's HOM, he's fallen into an untextured hole".