Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Plasma Replacement

I want to edit the plasma gun but can't because I have Windows XP Pro and DeHackEd will not run. So I'm hoping someone else might wanna do it for me :) Or tell me of an editor that works with Win XP and edits weapons.

Here are the changes I'd like to make to the plasma: Have it fire 30% less plasma per second than the normal plasma gun. Have the plasma travel 2.5 to 3 times faster. And have each plasma do 50% more damage than bullets. Also (but not as important) change the plasma graphic to something else. It would be kinda odd for the plasma to take 10 hits before killing someone with 100 green armor and 100 health. Instead of plasma have blue lasers or something.

Hellbent said:
I want to edit the plasma gun but can't because I have Windows XP Pro and DeHackEd will not run.

It runs on my XP Pro system.

Did you check for any error messages? Usually the ini file (dehacked.ini) has mistakes in it. So check your path and all that stuff.

Hellbent said:

does it support zdoom 1.22?

Dehacked? It never did support ZDOOM as such, more a case of ZDOOM supporting DEHACKED:) ZDOOM support most of the old values, uses BOOM (BEX) extensions and plus a bunch of ZDOOM specifics.

For ZDOOM you can store a patch called DEHACKED in your PWAD or load it separately (you may know this already - just mentioning it).

Read the docs and visit zdoom.notgod.com, select the forum and ask away for help.

This site has lots of other dehacked info:

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/