Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Ultimate Doom The Way id Did — Now on /idgames!

Here's hoping for the hostage crisis to soon come to an end, thanks for the updates, guys! Stoked ASF

Great level! 

Aesthetically fitting, devilishly hard and has a confusing layout that needs to be learned and practiced. A definite hit! 

The only thing I'm a bit apprehensive about is the 

Spoiler

spider mastermind in this level. Isn't she supposed to only appear once, as the boss of the entire episode? 

18 hours ago, DoomeroHispalense said:

Possible glitches:

https://i.imgur.com/hrPckyo.png

https://i.imgur.com/dhlcvlu.png

By the way, the use of rock red textures on a E4Mx level seems somewhat weird and unnatural. But that’s just my opinion, of course.

Yeah, I mentioned that texture earlier in the thread too, along with the white wall texture. Is no one bothered by that stuff I spoiler tagged though? That stuff can really break suspension of disbelief, I feel. 

Spoiler

It primarily conflicts with the ending text. Would replacing it with a Cyberdemon be such a bad choice?

Id broke their own canon including multiple spiders to begin with. I'm not changing the spider for the sake of that.

Yeah but wasn't that in doom 2? One was supposed to have been responsible for the Mars moon base invasions, the other for the hell fortress on Earth (episode 4), and all those other ones were unrelated. 

I didn't find anything concluding that the E4 spiderdemon was plot-relevant at all: the E4 endscreen clearly refers to the Dis spiderdemon to me, and considering how many throwaway spiders Doom 2 had I don't see this as an issue, Id hardly took their own canon seriously.

THE SPIDER MASTERMIND MUST HAVE SENT FORTH ITS LEGIONS OF HELLSPAWN BEFORE YOUR FINAL CONFRONTATION WITH THAT TERRIBLE BEAST FROM HELL. BUT YOU STEPPED FORWARD AND BROUGHT FORTH ETERNAL DAMNATION AND SUFFERING UPON THE HORDE AS A TRUE HERO WOULD IN THE FACE OF SOMETHING SO EVIL.

BESIDES, SOMEONE WAS GONNA PAY FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO DAISY, YOUR PET RABBIT.

BUT NOW, YOU SEE SPREAD BEFORE YOU MORE POTENTIAL PAIN AND GIBBITUDE AS A NATION OF DEMONS RUN AMOK IN OUR CITIES.

NEXT STOP, HELL ON EARTH!

I understand he (Doomguy) destroyed this second spider mastermind and her minions to avenge his supposed pet rabbit. Also, I understand this second spider mastermind was responsible for the invasion of Earth, just before of the final battle.

Same. Spider Masterminds were supposedly high-ranking military leaders, each one being given responsibility for a large chunk of Hell's forces. I think id definitely meant to make the mastermind singular again for episode 4, given the episode ending text quoted above. That's why there were like 3 Cyberdemons in the episode, but one spider still.

K guys, now that Eternal Doom's been announced, you really have a deadline. 

Because peace on the Korean Peninsula might be stil a ways off

1 hour ago, Xfing said:

K guys, now that Eternal Doom's been announced, you really have a deadline.

Unless I'm mistaken, a release date hasn't actually been announced. Granted, a gameplay demo has been announced for August 10, but that's the only date that I've seen.

I don't know whether to hope that UDTWiD comes sooner than peace on the Korean peninsula or not ...

Also, BigMacDavis said he intends to do DTWiD and DTWiD2 soon-ish. What better motivation could anyone ever need to complete the product in time? xDDD

[

Ah so this is not released yet. I've been away for quite a long time. I've already replied to a PM from Alfonso before I woke up fully this morning, now I know I'm returning to mapping.

A new version of my McGee inspired map and some screenies to follow...

Wow. Now if only the other things that are 99.9% done that Alfonzo and Marcaek are holding hostage can get released.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:28 AM, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Hard. Felt appropriately E4. Only issue I remember was a missing texture behind the lift you lower to get to the secret Computer Map. Nice.

Yep, because of a problem with Doom Builder removing lower textures when the neighboring sectors are the same height and sometimes it can go unnoticed. This is why you need to always double check.

BTW - a great episode!, all 9 levels look great and were tough and challenging as expected.

14 hours ago, Tarnsman said:

Wow. Now if only the other things that are 99.9% done that Alfonzo and Marcaek are holding hostage can get released.

Minimum Doom when? I'm still keenly waiting on that project from your good self.

Also nice that the Doomworld Ironman League this month has become a playtesting bonanza for this recently released wad!