Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Ultimate Doom The Way id Did — Released!

I like this wad. Thank you for work.

My walkthrough:

How many DTWID series?
Doom the Way id Did

Doom the Way id Did - Lost Episodes

Doom 2 the Way id Did

Ultimate Doom the Way id Did

Something else?

23 minutes ago, Beezle said:

Final Doom the Way iD Did? Lol nah but hopefully one day soon.

The title should be Final Doom the Way id Didn't since id didn't do Final Doom.

Finished this the other day, and it was a blast! Question about E4M8, though:

I started off by taking the northwestern path, and eventually found the exit after only 100/300 kills. (Never even took any of the eastern paths.) Then I mopped up and explored the rest of the map. I finally got the 3-red-barrier secret switch, but have no idea what it actually did?

2 hours ago, Gez said:

The title should be Final Doom the Way id Didn't since id didn't do Final Doom.

Perhaps "final doom the way id sold it " :p 

Ok there are pl2 and prcp for plutonia already and tnt evolution and revilution for tnt, (have i missed any other final doom megawad?), so I don't know if people are willing to rehash the themes another time. But if one isn't too demanding, then the community should be able to collect enough fitting maps within a short time.  At least,  the level of detail in final doom isn't too hard to imitate in modern editors. 

Final Doom the Way id Did: find two megawads in progress that are nearing release, recruit the teams, release both megawads together as a single product.

How about STWRD?

E4M2: The back of the sign (line 876) in front of the secret exit switch (line 869) is also marked as a secret exit switch.

G0xIEQs.png

If you press the switch in the middle, it doesn't change texture or make a noise, because the sign absorbs the key press. As the sign is only a partial occluder, pressing the switch at the extreme left or right ends will still make the sound and change the texture. Nevertheless, please remove the secret exit action from the back of the exit sign, so that the real secret exit switch always sounds and animates as expected.

Posted (edited)

Played some bits of the maps of this epiosode with DosBOX and doom.exe, found a bug at start of E4M9 (Z_free: ZONEID error)

Amazing episode from the little i've played, even if looks like 2 levels tend to be Fear but made better (E4M2 and E4M3).

Really liked E4M6 start and it's homage to E1M1 zigzag corridor, also i really enjoyed E4M8 from the little i've played...

Edited by Walter confetti

With all those Plutonia sequels as well as Revilution, I dunno if FDTWiDD is that sought-after. I'd much rather see this baby merged with its original release and uploaded to idgames ^^