Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Ultimate Doom The Way id Did — Now on /idgames!

Ultimate Doom The Way id Did has finally been released from captivity. A full-fledged nine level vanilla episode replacement for Thy Flesh Consumed, to be loaded and played alongside the original DTWiD release! From the text file:

The Ultimate instalment in the TWiD series of WADs, comprising nine levels that were designed by a hand-picked team to both look and play as though they came from the minds of Romero, McGee, Green, Anderson and Willits. Liberties have been taken to ensure a mostly authentic experience that is a little more consistent in its difficulty than the original, but no less varied and surprising. Expect devilish designs and unforgiving traps. Expect Thy Flesh Consumed :)

The WAD is now released on /idgames.

• Vanilla/-Complevel 3 (Ultimate Doom)
  • All skill settings fully implemented.
  • Balanced and tested for in cooperative, with multiplayer-exclusive content.
  • Deathmatch starts placed but not balanced around (not The Way id Did!).

F0QU27H.png

Map List:
e4m1: Pavera (Romero)
e4m2: Rottking (McGee)
e4m3: Purist (McGee)
e4m4: Marcaek (Green)
e4m5: Gifty (Petersen)
e4m6: Tarnsman (Romero)
e4m7: Alfonzo (Anderson)
e4m8: Xaser (Anderson)
e4m9: Use3d (Willits)

Here ends the verse.

Edited by Alfonzo : Released on /idgames.

Ideas from the channel, and a few others for future reference.

Depart From Me
Into Chains of Darkness
Upon The Altar
Against Thine Enemies
The Face of the Deep

Jaws In Space said:

Micah 5:8

"and teareth to pieces"

I have that same one in my house, except her name is Lindsay and she is 1 going on 2 ;0)

Found these on google;

the second death
away to eternal punishment
the fiery furnace
entering into the sepulchre
wages of sin
escape the damnation of hell
into chains of darkness
the mark of the beast

And for the secret level...

terror = deimos

For MLTWID, they should just contact a bunch of people who have never worked on any TWID release and ask them to submit some maps. The TWID regulars would only do quality control, not mapping.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be the way id did.

At least one of the mappers should submit a retextured D2TWID map.

I was thinking more emulate levels styled after the original authors. Bonus points if Bob Evans imitates Jim Flyyn and Sverre imitates Sverre :p

Well, if we're pitching names, I guess I can help:

E4M1: The Contemptuous Masses
E4M2: The Earth Asunder
E4M3: By Steel Torn
E4M4: Vilify The Living
E4M5: For Righteous Slaughter
E4M6: Culling the Hordes
E4M7: The Darkest Path
E4M8: The Wicked Ultimatum
E4M9: Exstasis

Gez said:

At least one of the mappers should submit a retextured D2TWID map.

Yeah but we're already doing Plutonia and TNT so I think we'd be sick of remade D2TWID maps by then.

HELLZ yeah. Been waiting for this sooo long! As for the biblical verses, I've done a bit of research today at work. Some should be acceptably good, I believe:

"Vengeance and Wrath"
"Rage Blazes Forth"
"The Whirlwind and the Storm"

(Nahum 1:2-8 NLT) The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night.)

"Kill the Soul"

(Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.)

"Into Everlasting Punishment"

(Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.)

"Escape the Damnation"

(Matthew 23:33 - [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?)

"And They Were Judged"

(Revelation 20:13 - And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.)

"No Rest Day Nor Night"

(Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.)

"The Mark of the Beast"

(Revelation 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.)

"There Shall Be Wailing"
"Gnashing of Teeth"

(Matthew 13:50 - And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.)

"No Light In Them"

Isaiah 8:20 - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

"Whom Ye Shall Fear"

Luke 12:5 - But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

"The Soul That Sinneth"

Ezekiel 18:4 - Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

"The Keys of Hell and of Death"

Revelation 1:18 - I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

"Partakers of Flesh and Blood"

Hebrews 2:14 - Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

"Let The Wicked Perish"

Psalms 68:2 - As smoke is driven away, [so] drive [them] away: as wax melteth before the fire, [so] let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

"Burn With Fire Unquenchable"

Luke 3:17 - Whose fan [is] in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

You know, with the secret level of Episode 4, it would have to deviate from the marble/wood theme of the episode. In the original E4, the secret level is primarily techbase, save for the south area where it is wood. Since it is close to the E1 style, perhaps for here, the secret level could go for a Shores of Hell style in the manner of Tim Willits, cause the original E4M9 was called Fear, after Phobos, in which E1 took place, and E2 took place in Deimos, so Terror would be fitting.

Oh, invitational only this time. Had a e4m7ish map on the way in hopes for udtwid, such a shame. Well, i'll release it... eventually.

The shots look promising, keep 'em coming!

A progress update on this would be nice, particularly if there's anything that's left to do on my map as I've assumed it's done.

Most of the folks working on this are brushing up on other projects, and this one's quiety edged its way to the "middle burner", of sorts. I imagine that there'll be an abrupt and hasty dash to completion at a seemingly random juncture in the not-too-distant future.

Believe it or not, I've actually got a map started. And I actually kind of like it!

Here are some more potential map names, taken from the King James' Bible:

Vexed Unto Death
Bury Thy Dead
Wrath Upon Thee
Destruction Upon Them
Cursed Be the Deceiver
Fury Come Forth

With all these title proposals you'll definitely have something to choose from. Haha.

Xfing said:

(Nahum 1:2-8 NLT) The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night.

Wow, lots of potential in this great passage. How about:

"All Who Oppose"
"The Dust Beneath"
"Forth Like Fire"
"Who Can Stand"
"Strong Refuge"