Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Classic doom 3 soundtrack

So I searched the forum to see if anyone has heard these and I couldn't find a link so here's what I consider the best e1 music remixes ever. If there is a thread already, oh well.

Enjoy!

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Classic_DOOM_3_Original_Mod_Soundtrack;52796

You can't tell me the e1m1 and e1m8 remixes aren't the best you've ever heard.

My favourite version of E1M1 is still the 3DO one. Most of these are really good though. E1M9 is really nice in particular. e: Also E1M5, great!

I think I've heard this version of E1M4 somewhere I think, which is weird because I don't recognize any of the others. Could be mistaken though.

Yeah I remember listening to those, they're quite good; my only gripe is that after listening to them for a while you start to notice that having MP3s at 192kbps might not have been the best decision ever to share the soundtrack of the Doom 3 mod, since you can notice a certain lack of sound quality in some songs.

I wonder if Sonic Clang has the whole soundtrack in better quality to share with everyone. Also I might want to add that Gamefront implemented not too long ago (for unknown and yet-to-be-explained reasons) certain restrictions to some countries to access files stored in their website, so you guys might want to check if you're able to access the link Rainbow posted

192 kbps isn't bad quality. You couldn't hear the difference between that and a lossless. That's a placebo effect, and it's very very normal.

My guess it's just a bad mix. :)

That depends on the source material, the program used to encode, and the listener. I definitely know people who can usually hear the difference between 192kbps and lossless (I am not one). That said I think you are right that the biggest problem here in quality is a bad mix, and not poor encoding.

Heh...so it begins.

For those unaware, Gamefront (formerly known as Filefront) shut down on April 30th for undisclosed reasons. People tried to download and archive as much as they could from their servers despite some questionable limitations that I don't want to discuss right now.

I knew that this was going to happen someday, as ModDB doesn't even have cdoom3_music.zip in their servers. So anyway, here's an unmodified copy I managed to save. I don't know if it's going to work right away, as I uploaded it 10 minutes ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj1b9599n3dqj1x/cdoom3_music.zip