Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pickle965

Super Cool Weapon Mods

Hey, any one know any weapon mods that make the super shotgun fire like an automatic, or homing rockets or something. Just looking for some fun stuff to play with, hehe.

Yes, they must be Super Cool.

Pickle

Just learn to use Dehacked, dude. It's actually not all that hard once you get used to it.

Weedster said:

Just learn to use Dehacked, dude. It's actually not all that hard once you get used to it.

I just started playing around with Dehacked recently... I heard you can't use the Doom95.exe or you'll get errors. Is there a source port that supports Dehacked?

Edit your doom.exe or doom2.exe with Dehacked

Save changes as a .deh patch

Load .deh patch into a popular sourceport such as Zdoom or Legacy

Heh, I've made a bunch of weapon mods. I made one that was nothing but weird, creepy weapons, like the rocket launcher was replaced with a skull on a stick, and shot a slow moving rocket that changed into a fireball that would constantly do an explosion. ^_^ Wiped out an army with that weapon. :D (just don't get close to it or it was gib time! :D)

I also made a realism mod that made everything more real. It also made most weapons stronger/weaker to certain monsters, but that was because I tweeked the stats. :) One unforseen consiquence(sp?) was that lost souls were sped up to hyper speed, attacked a lot more, did more damage, and died by almost anything. Just one could eat half your life if you didn't have the right weapon. >_<; :D Quite fun. I even made a sound wad to go with it that had new sounds for most monsters and speed changed sounds to make em diffrent. :) I still have it too. :)

Another weapons mod I have replaces ALL weapons with close range weapons. I also made some weapons able to destroy projectiles, and others reflect attack back (didn't do damage, but it looked cool. :) Quite fun. :)

Also made new monsters, and so on. I have every mod I have ever made somewhere in my doom dirs. Unfortnetly, it's all in the SAME directory, so finding ones that I don't know the name of would be quite impossible now. :D

Test-0 said:

Another weapons mod I have replaces ALL weapons with close range weapons. I also made some weapons able to destroy projectiles, and others reflect attack back (didn't do damage, but it looked cool. :) Quite fun. :)

Also made new monsters, and so on. I have every mod I have ever made somewhere in my doom dirs. Unfortnetly, it's all in the SAME directory, so finding ones that I don't know the name of would be quite impossible now. :D

Hey, if you can dig up some of those, I'd like to see them.

I can clearly remember there are 2 super-automatic modified replacements for shotgun and chaingun in Doom2Xtreme or Golden Doom2Xtreme.

And those are at the Parker Information Resources page..one sec, I'd better put the link up because 999cop forgot to...hey, everyone's been looking for it anyway, it would be wise to put the link here.

http://www.parkerinfo.com/dmdo/dmdo2.htm

Alrighty, there ya go...Just point and click. Oh, and you'll be treated very kindly to a midi of Black Sabbath's (or possibly the Ministry cover) Supernaut.

Weedster said:

Sadly for me, I never had the original doom2.exe...

Well then, assuming you have the full doom2.wad from the doom95.exe version or something, just grab the most up to date shareware version of doom (1.9) The doom.exe should be the same as the doom2.exe file (aside from the name obviously). So, you should just be able to drop it into a directory with your doom2.wad and away you go. You will probably also have to run the setup prog that gets installed with shareware doom to set up your sound card etc.