Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dg93

Polyobjects zdoom - How do I make doors that open and close like from Wolfenstein 3D?

Polyobjects zdoom - How do I make doors that open and close like from Wolfenstein 3D?

I know there is a way to make doors open and close horizontally instead of the traditional Doom way vertically. The problem is, I just have no clue how to do it. If someone can help me with figure it out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is my wolfenstein themed singleplayer map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tqeak8ckr60x63/Nazi+Research+Facility_By+Doomguy93_v2.zip

One thing that I don't see mentioned anywhere is that (I think) you have to use Doom in Hexen format or UDMF. I don't remember what your map was but if it was Doom in Doom format, you'll need to convert it. There are tools to conver to UDMF; converting to Hexen format might be as easy as hitting F2 in Doom Builder and changing formats, or you can try Zwadconv.

plums said:

One thing that I don't see mentioned anywhere is that (I think) you have to use Doom in Hexen format or UDMF. I don't remember what your map was but if it was Doom in Doom format, you'll need to convert it. There are tools to conver to UDMF; converting to Hexen format might be as easy as hitting F2 in Doom Builder and changing formats, or you can try Zwadconv.

My map is in doom in doom format. I was looking at the links from the previous comments and I still had no idea how to do it because I wasn't aware that it needed to be in hexen format. I'll look into the wadconverter thing. Hopefully it won't be a pain in the ass converting from doom in doom format to doom in hexen format. Thank you for that advice plums.

Welcome. Let me know if you need a hand, IIRC your map was simple enough that it should be not too hard to do manually.

plums said:

Welcome. Let me know if you need a hand, IIRC your map was simple enough that it should be not too hard to do manually.

Thanks plums. I'll notify you if I need any further help.