Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomtodeath

If you couldnt play Doom what would you play...?

Freedoom, if that's allowed. Otherwise, like Phobus I have a metric fucktonne of games vying for my attention, including favourites from the C64 and Amiga days.

Is this a if doom was taken away from me question or if it never existed question? If I'd never played doom in the first place I'm not sure if even have nearly as much an interest in games. If it were taken away I suppose quake or GTA 2 would get me by.

As often as I lurk on this board, I don't really play that much Doom or video games in general. Aside from the occasional Minecraft LAN party, I don't play much of anything with any regularity.

Not much would change. :/

@yukib1t - I enjoyed Minecraft singleplayer when it was new, but I don't last more than half an hour anymore. I start plenty of worlds where I build a house, survive the first night and just sort of think to myself, "well, I guess I beat the game" and then exit the program. I'll play when company is over, but that's about it.

There are plenty of games I could get into if I actually had some friends of my own to play with. I used to be able to play games by myself just fine, but now I just feel lonely. It sucks because I can hear my computer science colleagues talking about computer games, but I don't have the nerve to ask anybody to play.

Any of the Quake games can hold my attention just as well as Doom. If you replaced the Strogg's higher level baddies with demons, it could probably pass as a Doom sequel anyway.

Wolfenstein 3D, Blake Stone, Duke Nukem, Medal of Honor Frontline, & much more that I just can't think of at the moment.

Bucket said:

Makes me think I should start another Doomworld succession game...

Heh, didn't know there's been some succession game in here. :D

Super mario world, I make levels for it just like I do with doom, that can be a replacement because there's new levels coming out everyday, I'd say it's a limitless game.

CorSair said:

Heh, didn't know there's been some succession game in here. :D

There wasn't. I did a year, and the file sat on SpeedyShare until the thread dropped off.

Stygian said:

@yukib1t - I enjoyed Minecraft singleplayer when it was new, but I don't last more than half an hour anymore. I start plenty of worlds where I build a house, survive the first night and just sort of think to myself, "well, I guess I beat the game" and then exit the program. I'll play when company is over, but that's about it.

Basically the same as me, then. Except I usually stop once I get to the Nether, even when I play with others.

AgentSpork said:

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION. FEEL THE RHYTHM WITH YOUR BODY.

Actually, in all seriousness, this might be a better choice for me. *points to custom title*

TF2. Other than that Duke 3D seems to fit in Doom's shoes with a different flavor.