Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

Id games

well seeing that Id has ported 2 big classic games for the GBA i wonder if anymore of there classics will be ported. i would love to see all the keen games ported to the GBA. however my i hate the fact that u cant save when u want in a game. in both doom and wolf3d u could save when u felt like it, not at the end of a level. I wish they had left that in. other games i would like to see ported would be, ROTT, hexen/heritic, and any other early Id game. games that would be cool to be ported yet cant would be quake, and duke3d. i have heard they may port duke but if they did it would be horrible. first it would be so edited. next alot of its already limited grapohics would be cut, look up/down might be lost cause of graphic reasons and lack of keys. number of levels would be less

I think duke3d would be doable if they drop certain room-over-room effects and keep the levels small.

Well cartridges are listed as bits. So the 256 bit N64 Zelda games are actually 32 megs. The biggest N64 cart is Resident Evil 2, weighing in at 64 megs. Considering all the 320x240 renders and movies, it's pretty cool to see it actually all fit.

AFAIK, the largest possible GBA game would be 64 megs. That's plenty of room for a game like Doom... and that's giving a fucking ton of space for machinema voices. Consider for the time being, though, that the largest games will be 8, 16... and at absolute highest 32 megs.

the_Danarchist said:

I thought they already came out with a Keen GBA game.

It was ported to game boy color actually. But no one seemed to really notice.

Hey BBG...prince of spammers.

/me is tired and can't think of anything good to say...plus its dark and I can't see my keyboard

the_Danarchist said:

Hey BBG...prince of spammers.

/me is tired and can't think of anything good to say...plus its dark and I can't see my keyboard

you dare call me a spammer?

darknation said:

Interview with the Spampire.

I've been waiting my entire life to use that joke.

Your life must have been pretty boring, just waiting to use that one joke...

You see? This is why I don't do many serious replies because they're fucking boring.

How's this one? I never fucking played Commander Keen and I never played more than 5 levels of Hocus Pocus. Boo hoo. =P

oh shit! Hocus Pocus!! I completely forgot about that game. Ahh man, the good times, me, Hocus Pocus, Raptor, Jazz Jackrabbit, Whacky Wheels, Doom, Rott, and OMF were such good friends.

Man, god damn windows XP, I want to play them again.

do what i did. blow the dust off your 486 and fire it up. nothing brings back memories of a classic game like a classic system. however i overclocked mine a bit and gave it a 2.1GB SCSI hard drive

orion gurgled:
oh shit! Hocus Pocus!! I completely forgot about that game. Ahh man, the good times, me, Hocus Pocus, Raptor, Jazz Jackrabbit, Whacky Wheels, Doom, Rott, and OMF were such good friends.

Man, god damn windows XP, I want to play them again.

you forgot Skunny Cart and Elf Land.

Sephiroth drooled:
do what i did. blow the dust off your 486 and fire it up. nothing brings back memories of a classic game like a classic system. however i overclocked mine a bit and gave it a 2.1GB SCSI hard drive

All my good games (Doom, Doom 2, heretic, hexen, Dark Forces, keens 1-6 and others of the era) are on my Compaq 586...i'd "fire mine up", but the Mem swapping causes games to freeze up in gameplay.

Each time I fall into one of these nostalgia-induced DOS games galore it only lasts 10 minutes before I realize how crude and not-funny-anymore are some of them.

Except MoM, of course.