Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Quick news: here goes another victim again

Tragedy In Germany, CS Fan
4/27/2002 18:00 PST | Counter-strike | redef
CS-Nation is heading up the discussion around a recent CNN article that reports the tragic school shooting that took place in Germany. The article notes that the alleged shooter was a Counter-Strike fan. Here’s a specific clip:
According to Der Spiegel news magazine, Steinhauser spent much of his time playing violent computer video games. His favourite was called "Counterstrike" in which anti-terror units wearing masks battle each other to death.

Thanks to http://planethalflife.com/cs

stupid fucks, stupid stupid stupid. I can't even say much more about this, it's just stupid.

Hey, take a look on the bright side...

... THEY BLAME COUNTER-STRIKE!

:P

(edit: OK, that was sad.)

Bah, German politicians!
They're really paranoid about violent media down there in Germany.
Ridiculous.
Their current laws concerning computer games are already too fux0red up already.

He played CS? That explains all the head shots, no sniper weaps in Doom :( See if he had been a Doomer , there would have been more shotgun wounds, his were mostly pistols, oh, and the body count would be less :)

How easy it is to blame the computer games. The fact is computer games were never used to kill anyone, but weapons.

"[...] He had licences for both weapons, and for two more that he was not carrying. [...]"

Don't blame the games blame the weapon licences. I never understood why weapons should be legalized.
But the licence is not the only cause here. A bad social climate is an important cause too in this sad story. Giving people with emotional problems a weapon licence is a bad thing.

It took them several days to scrape this tidbit rom where-ever it was hidden. You gotta admire their effort in finding something to blame.

Scientist said:
How easy it is to blame the computer games. The fact is computer games were never used to kill anyone, but weapons.

"[...] He had licences for both weapons, and for two more that he was not carrying. [...]"

Don't blame the games blame the weapon licences. I never understood why weapons should be legalized.
But the licence is not the only cause here. A bad social climate is an important cause too in this sad story. Giving people with emotional problems a weapon licence is a bad thing.

deadnail's gonna be pissed when he sees that post.

Scientist said:

What do we defend our property with then, kitchen knives and baseball bats? You'd better believe the first person to break in my place is gonna get a warning shot fired in their head. And if they're dumb enough try again...

A call to the cops isn't worth much when the criminal is right in the next room. They just find your body quicker.

Lüt said:

What do we defend our property with then, kitchen knives and baseball bats?

Yes.

Call me cocky or ignorant, but i think that if someone were in my house i could ambush them with either of those and do a damn good job of it.

Scientist said:

Over 99% of LEGALLY owned guns will never be used criminally. Go ahead, make guns illegal, you'll just make criminals out of all the responsible gun owners.

Killers will kill, it doesn't matter with what. If firearms had never been invented, well, we'd have school stabbings.

TheHighestTree said:

Yes.

Call me cocky or ignorant, but i think that if someone were in my house i could ambush them with either of those and do a damn good job of it.

That reminds me...In have to get my hands on some swords.

This reminds me, I have to try the new CS. I hear all the old CS "suck ur mommas asswhol camper bitch" lamers really hate 1.4, which probably means I'll like it :p

In Dodge City, during the heyday of the Wild West, almost everyone was packing at any given time. Who can guess how many people were shot dead in Dodge between 1880 and 1885?

Liam the Bard said:

Over 99% of LEGALLY owned guns will never be used criminally. Go ahead, make guns illegal, you'll just make criminals out of all the responsible gun owners.

Killers will kill, it doesn't matter with what. If firearms had never been invented, well, we'd have school stabbings.

The point is that if guns were not legal the kid probably wouldn't of had 'm. Without the guns he would not of felt so powerful and invulnerable and would not of attempted such a terrible thing.

Lüt:
What do we defend our property with then

Is defending your property really worth taking someones life? Can't you just lock your door? And even if you think weapons should be allowed for self-defence you must admit that most of the weapons the kid had with him weren't weapons very suitable for self-defence.
Why legalize weapons that aren't suited for self-defence?

Lüt:

What do we defend our property with then, kitchen knives and baseball bats? You'd better believe the first person to break in my place is gonna get a warning shot fired in their head. And if they're dumb enough try again...

TheHighestTree:

that`s just stupid. Killing someone for stepping on your property is still MURDER! Sure he might take your stuff and piss you of, but in most cases that`s no argument for murder. If you were to be in real danger, you`d might have an argument, but if you were to kill only because of your property, your sick. You don`t own your things, they own you! No home, tv or any other material thing if worth a human life!

PS TheHighestTree, you`re cocky and ignorant!

So we're supposed to ask "Hello Mr Unknow Menace are you here to rape my family or just steal the dishes?".

Hell, no. Anyone who enters my house without anyone's consent, at 3 am in the morning and with obviously evil intentions automatically wins a free trip to coma state at LEAST.

Over time, each human builds up it's own sense of reality, his scaled-down World with just enough information to please him and not drive him mad. Any external factor that could ruin his equilibrium will undoubtedly piss him off. No matter if you enter my house with a baseball bat, a pistol or a AK74, I'll counter-attack with the most powerful thing I have. Perhaps my intentions won't be to kill the guy, but there's so many factors to consider.

Even with tight gun control laws, people are still going to be able to get a hold of guns. Don't blame guns, don't blame computer games, blame the fuck-ups who want to use weapons to shoot up schools.

I've got a samuri sword on ym wall and you can bet that any fucker who breaks into my house in the dead of night is going to get the pointy end in his gut.

Of course there was that unfortunate incident last summer where I stabbed and killed my stepfather, but he would of understood. Stupid bastard should of been in by 10pm anyway.

Like most other poeple here, some bitch that breaks into my place will get either a) punch to the face, b) hit in the face with large item (ie cricket bat, vacuum cleaner pipe) or c) kick to the nuts. Actually he or she will get all three...

When I started my job last week, they told us if anyone robs the place, don't try and be a hero. But I say, if you can knock them down, do so. And then proceed to beat the libing shit outta them.

Nuthin' like that in the Aussie news. Alghough one of my buddies noticed the killer's surname sounded similar to "Shitenhousen", the german word for "Shithouse".

And here's goes the old gun debate again...

If someone brakes into my house with a gun I'd a) cower like a little girl in the corner and cry, b) take the bullwhip from the corner of my bed and strangle them until they passed out, or c) I'd dash at them using my surfboard as a shield and beat them with the blackjack I've got.

It's a fact that when firearms are banned there will usually be mass crime or bloodshed. There are, of course, obvious exceptions... and most of them were pacifist countries to begin with. Remember that Hitler's first major step towards the massacre was disarmament.

I have nothing against gun licensing. In fact, I'm all for it. It should be just as difficult (not easier, not more difficult) to obtain legal right to use a firearm as legal right to use a car. The simple training is enough to prevent 99% of accidents.

Average city response time to a police call is 14 minutes. That's long enough for a burglar to slit five throats and make out with your wallet, a pocket full of jewelry and your Samsung.

99.8% of legally owned guns won't be used in anything illegal, and that includes your kid accidentally killing himself or intentionally killing classmates. Your kid is more likely to die riding his bicycle for fuck's sake. You can't drill off a trigger lock either, so stealing one would be useless.

Considering I'm pro licensing, requiring trigger locks wouldn't be a half bad notion. Stealing guns would be useless.

I like those Steyr pistols with a keyhole right on the fucking side of it. Can't get much more safety conscious than that... unless you leave the key hanging by the front door. =P

The point is that if guns were not legal the kid probably wouldn't of had 'm. Without the guns he would not of felt so powerful and invulnerable and would not of attempted such a terrible thing.

Bad logic. There were some nasty school stabbings in Japan not too long ago. There's no doubt that mental competency should be as much a requirement for owning a firearm as a car.

Is defending your property really worth taking someones life?

That's not the main argument. The main argument is that most thieves, when caught, will either instantly decide between killing you or trying to escape. What would you rather do, call your insurance company to have the bloodstain and brain matter cleaned off of your carpet or have your wife call the insurance company to discuss your burial? Over a fucking VCR? If someone is willing to kill me over something as petty as material possessions I have no mental conflict wiping that fucker off of my Goddamn planet.

that`s just stupid. Killing someone for stepping on your property is still MURDER! Sure he might take your stuff and piss you of, but in most cases that`s no argument for murder. If you were to be in real danger, you`d might have an argument, but if you were to kill only because of your property, your sick. You don`t own your things, they own you! No home, tv or any other material thing if worth a human life!

Exactly. But remember, thieves are already cowardly and desperate. Ever read a long newspaper article about a grandmother that was beaten to death with her walker over stuff adding up to under $200?

Keep in mind that people who steal either do so because they are too lazy to earn the money or need a lot of money fast... like drug addicts. They're good, predictable people aren't they?

Even with tight gun control laws, people are still going to be able to get a hold of guns.

Because most gun laws are barely enforced as a method to say that they don't work so new, totalitarian laws can be put into place. Cute.

I've got a samuri sword on ym wall and you can bet that any fucker who breaks into my house in the dead of night is going to get the pointy end in his gut.

Personally I'm a fan of a pump action 12 gauge with hollow pellets. They won't go through a wall and accidentally kill someone, but the fucker you hit... the balls will shatter inside and turn him into jelly. You can also fire off 8 rounds from a pump action faster than most gasoline powered autoloaders. Benelli excluded, of course. One shot should do the trick anyway.

Pop goes the weasel.

Remember, a laser sight works both ways... they can see the source of the beam and that points YOU out in the darkness.

There's a million sides to this fucking argument. =P

LordTrasher said:

Nuthin' like that in the Aussie news. Alghough one of my buddies noticed the killer's surname sounded similar to "Shitenhousen", the german word for "Shithouse".

Uh no, "Shithouse" would be "Scheissehaus" in German, not "Shitenhousen"

99.8% of legally owned guns won't be used in anything illegal, and that includes your kid accidentally killing himself or intentionally killing classmates. Your kid is more likely to die riding his bicycle for fuck's sake. You can't drill off a trigger lock either, so stealing one would be useless.

Ok, I'm probably a patheticmotherfuckingcocksuckin'retardedasshole for "challenging" one of your points (but that's the only point that I'll question so far) ;-)
How many people own a gun legally in the US? 99.8% would be like two people out a thousand who do illegal stuff with guns, twenty people out of 10,000, and 200 out of 100,000. As you can see, the seemingly small percentage turns out to become a rather large number of people when we're talking about large groups of people owning guns legally.

I don't know how many legal gun owners there are in the USA, I'm just pointing something out for you to take into consideration.

Thank you for you attention, I'll try and keep quiet now.

deadnail said:

It's a fact that when firearms are banned there will usually be mass crime or bloodshed. ...Average city response time to a police call is 14 minutes. That's long enough for a burglar to slit five throats and make out with your wallet, a pocket full of jewelry and your Samsung.

Why does everyone think a burglar has to kill you to rob you? In England we have a high burglary crime rate but 1 in about 25,000 , if that, end up with a murder. That's because the burglar knows that should he be discovered he is not going to get the contents of the home owners gun cabinet entering his body even if he is unarmed. The answer? No idea, I sppose there would be a long learning curve until everyone realised there wasn't a high chance of a) home owner being killed by burglar, and 2) Burglar killing home owner, although, being America, it's going to be a long long learning curve :)