Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

Wait, is there extra slots?

If so, I have just completed a retro 90's style TNT map that you could have and edit to your standards (I.E it's like a template map you could use for an extra map).

Totally bro. Would love to have it. There will be a pool of reserve maps, any one of which has a fair shot of getting in. I have said that I would even pull a couple of my own maps from this if necessary if Ragnor amd Megamur and myself decide that.

So by all means, PM it to me.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

The abandoned Mimes?

lolololol.

Soz. Nah, seriously, good to have you on board, and we will get the texture pack out as soon as we work out a few minor issues.

Haha The Abandoned Mimes hahaha.

Can you add flats to the texture pack? Like one flat should do oy. I am under a limit hete so...

"A few minor issues" You're not slapping Ragnor just because he put on a Startan 3 textute Romero instead of Kiiyiikya, are you? I'm pretty sure his avatar is important to The Order...

I love it how Megamur is our secret shadow agent guy, while I'm getting referenced left right and center :p

Anyway, now that its confirmed, we have several midis locked in now. Kyka, in the midi section, add Eris Falling to map 12, map 14, map 31, map 32, intermission and the episode finisher text screens. Bucket is map 1. Good to have some music already planned this early instead of so late in development!

Fellowzdoomer said:

Haha The Abandoned Mimes hahaha.

Can you add flats to the texture pack? Like one flat should do oy. I am under a limit hete so...

"A few minor issues" You're not slapping Ragnor just because he put on a Startan 3 textute Romero instead of Kiiyiikya, are you? I'm pretty sure his avatar is important to The Order...

Send me the flat. If it doesn't completely suck, I'll add it.

And no the few minor issues are fixed now. Nothing to do with Ragnor. The problem was with the maps, and not with the texture pack itself. No wonder I couldn't work it out. Thanks Gez for technical help with those issues.

Just gotta add the new stuff now.

Nvm. I can save my map in the TP.

OH AS I WAS GONNA SAY TO RAGNOR EARLIER...

I KNEW he was important to The Order!

And ragnor, we'll stop picking on you. I'll pick on someone else...

Kyka = Kefka? o.O

No Dancing Mad midis will be in this project, I wont allow it!

Anyway, minor nitpick Kyka, you listed Bucket's midi as unnamed, its called TiN Toker

Oh, and I hate to be a bother, but before the new mappers get too far into this, what's the multiplayer situation going to be? Obviously, full-fledged Co-op/Deathmatch would be great...but how many people are really going to bother playing TNT Revilution Deathmatch? Co-op is a maybe, but DM support seems like it'd be a waste of time.

Kyka generally made DM arenas for his maps, so those will likely still be there. I have no interest in DM myself, so I'm not entirely concerned about its inclusion

In other news, we have a new team member. Xaser, in addition to his onerous duties as revilution mapper, has been promoted to the position of 'Executive Xaser' to better carry on the ceaseless demands of top level Xasering. Xaser, welcome aboard, and on a serious note, thank you for all your work.

Ragnor said:

Anyway, minor nitpick Kyka, you listed Bucket's midi as unnamed, its called TiN Toker

Fixed, thank you fro pointing this out.

Fellowzdoomer said:

...so Co-op is a must, DM is just rust?

Yeah at this stage. Co-op is probably a definite. In regards to deathmatch, I personally would like to put it in.(Partly because that seems to be staying true to the spirit of tnt, but also because so many of the maps already are deathmatch compatible already, and also because it is not gonna be that hard to cut some deathmatch areas into existing maps.) But before making any final decision on either Co op or deathmatch, I shall discuss it with Ragnor and Megamur.

I'm pretty sure Xaser isn't even one person at this point, given how many projects he gets involved with :D

I'm happy to have him/them on board though. Someone has to curb the crazy concepts Megamur and I come up with. Besides, all his work is top-notch.

As for the DM, we already have several DM arenas in the project, I had fun slapping Kyka for putting DM items in singleplayer and making some arenas visible on the automap. I personally dont play multiplayer, but I dont see why remaining maps shouldnt have DM in them. Of course, DM requires testing which will delay a release down the line, but hey!

I also have my Dooming computer back, if the fan is still holding up (SpeedFan shows 0 RPM again, I just got it replaced!) then I'll be able to receive content again

Any word from Valk if Anubis can be used yet?

Marcaek said:

I predict Xasing efficiency will increase 300%

I was having a tough time doing all that Xasering on my own. It is good to have the real deal.

Ragnor said:

I'm pretty sure Xaser isn't even one person at this point, given how many projects he gets involved with :D

I'm happy to have him/them on board though. Someone has to curb the crazy concepts Megamur and I come up with. Besides, all his work is top-notch.

As for the DM, we already have several DM arenas in the project, I had fun slapping Kyka for putting DM items in singleplayer and making some arenas visible on the automap. I personally dont play multiplayer, but I dont see why remaining maps shouldnt have DM in them. Of course, DM requires testing which will delay a release down the line, but hey!

I also have my Dooming computer back, if the fan is still holding up (SpeedFan shows 0 RPM again, I just got it replaced!) then I'll be able to receive content again

Any word from Valk if Anubis can be used yet?

Yes. Bad Kyka and his DM craziness. And glad you have your PC back. Play Mea Culpa!

Also, no word on valkiriforce yet.

D_GARG said:

If you need one more mapper, Im in.

just send me a pm

You, good sir, are in. :)

Behold!

The doodlings of a 26 year old! Watch, in the coming months, as these majestic drawings come to life!

I think I love you. Everyone needs to do this :D

Kyka: I already did by accident. Found an oddly named wad that I didnt remember, loaded it, "Oh hey, this is that non-vanilla thing Kyka made" "This title screen music is distorted and creepy as shit, did I get a messed up version?" "ooh, MP3 music, scripted messaging, its like Wint-WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? WHAT JUST HAPPENED? OH GOD THATS TERRIFYING" *closes GZDoom*

Not a wad for fooling around at night when going to sleep shortly >_>

I'll give it a proper go later, but for now, it looks promising.

Yes, and I sincerely hope not.

D_DM2INT is nearing completion, just trying to find a way of finishing it.

Sending the texture pack out to everyone at Kyka's behest, since he'll be away for 10 days. Curse this 60 second in between messages limitation!

This weekend, I'll be getting some FDA's recorded for Devilution if you would like I could do some for this? Probably expect them around Sunday if that's okay?

Ragnor said:

Sending the texture pack out to everyone at Kyka's behest, since he'll be away for 10 days. Curse this 60 second in between messages limitation!

Ragnor, thank you so much, and sorry to dump this on you. Yeah, as mentioned, I am gonna be away for about 10 days, so Ragnor and Megamur, the ship is all yours. And mappers, testers etc, please refer any questions to those guys.

And yes, that 60 second thing is horrible. I learned that with update after update for TNT2, haha.

Love your work everybody. :)

I'm using your link to the pack, so dont take it down :p

Hopefully I dont burn everything to the ground in your absence.

So nice to finally get the texture pack. Now I can start mapping, woohoo. :)

edit: I assume the skies are still being worked on? The 2nd one doesn't even tile horizontally.

I should add that there are gonna be more textures in the pack. But what we have now is the majority of textures in, so a pretty good base to start mapping with.

In regards to the skies, only a WIP of the episode 1 sky is currently in the pack. Episode 2 and 3 are still being worked on, so sorry to all mappers from map 12 onwards, the sky is gonna be different from the current TNT2 skies that are still in there. (But episode 2 will be a 'spacey' sky, and episode 3 will be a reddish, hellish sort of thing, if that helps you any.)

Springy said:

This weekend, I'll be getting some FDA's recorded for Devilution if you would like I could do some for this? Probably expect them around Sunday if that's okay?

Dude, that would be awesome. Check your PM's, I am just about to send you a mapset of the current finished maps. (Some may change later and I am pretty sure that I didn't stick in any unfinished ones, haha.) Feel free to make any suggestions, comments you feel, although just watching the FDA's will probably tell us more about how the maps play than mere comments.

Thanks bro. :)

Apologies if I missed anyone. I pretty much lined up a pile of tabs with PMs to every non-Devilution-reject mapper on the first post as well as one to D_GARG, then fired them off like a missile salvo between 60 second cooldowns

EDIT: shit, I accidentally sent the same message to Kyka twice. Curse this PM system!