Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

Sorry to hear that :( Hopefully, your work will be integrated into another map, I'd prefer not to have anyone's hard work go to waste.

Sidenote: I totally got you and Scifista confused and thought you had each other's map slots

D_GARG, you now have the Map 8 slot if you want it.

scifista42 said:

I think it would be great if the texture pack had some 128x128 "glassy" (window) textures without borders. I request that.

I will see what I can do. :)

Springy said:

I haven't forgotten to record the FDAs, I have just been busy as I now have a job and it seems to eat up the weekends along with parts of the weekday but I will get them done soon, as I have a couple of free days this week. Sorry if anyone was waiting for my feedback.

Thanks Springy, just whenever you get around to it. I would love to see them, just to give me an idea of how the maps play through.

Memfis said:

Sorry, I have to resign as usual. Once again I realise that I should never ever reserve slots. Here is what I made, just two-three rooms, feel free to use - http://speedy.sh/qRsA2/tntr-mem1.zip

I have an idea. Could you just make a regular Memfis map. Use any iwad, and submit it to us. Do whatever you want.

Goddamit I want a Memfis map in the set.

And that is all.

Depends. Is it original and not used elsewhere? I strongly prefer original midis/remixes of TNT or other Doom music over using existing midis, and thats what our current three midi contributors are doing. Still have three more midis incoming in time too!

You can use whatever you like during development of course, but the final midi has to fit the project's goals.

Kyka, have you gotten Aftermath yet? (ie the finished version of that track I sent you a while back, that was, in your words, "fucking beautiful". We really need to discuss what was planned while your were away, Megamur and I kind of went crazy with new ideas and concepts >_>

It's a shame Starpath disappeared, Orbital is still among my favourite MIDIs, and it would be cool if it could be used here.

Heh, ive been thinking that same thing for weeks now. I really wanted that to be the tune for Infernal Carrier. With permission to use it, and with it made to loop, that midi could be of great use here, provided Devilution doesnt end up using it.

since I havent been mapping for vanilla for a long time, I say this:

playing without fast monsters is incredibly lame.
it would force you to make slaughter maps, or force you to have ridicilously many traps with ridiculous elements.

please encourage people to play this with fast monsters

D_GARG said:

please encourage people to play this with fast monsters

Negative. Testing and balancing is being done with standard-speed monsters for all maps, and it's recommended you attempt to design your maps with that speed in mind, if possible.

I'm also in favor of glass textures, either with glassy shine, or like Evilution did with logos (UAC logos, in that case) that shows that there's some sort of transparent layer there. I'd also encourage doing like Icarus did, and having transparent textures with blood splatters on them, which can be applied to 2-sided lines placed slightly in front of solid walls in order to simulate blood decals.

Megamur said:

I'm also in favor of glass textures, either with glassy shine, or like Evilution did with logos (UAC logos, in that case) that shows that there's some sort of transparent layer there. I'd also encourage doing like Icarus did, and having transparent textures with blood splatters on them, which can be applied to 2-sided lines placed slightly in front of solid walls in order to simulate blood decals.

Duly noted. :)

is there any custom midi pool out for us yet to find inspiration from?
the composers may step forth

Bucket already posted all of his TNT compositions earlier in the thread for us to use as we see fit. TiN Toker and ToNgue Tied are already reserved for Map 1 and Map 27 though. Eris' music is designed for specific maps and themes, not general use, but you can always request something from him if hes not too busy.

Megamur said:

Windows the Way Team TNT Did

Ragnor said:

Windows the Way Team TNT Did

I like Posting The Way Ragnor Did. :)

Also. Windows. *Shudders*

TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

I have not previously created MIDIs for a WAD, but I've composed music (mainly MIDI) for a couple other projects. I could contribute original TNT/DOOM-styled music for this project if needed.

Sure. We're happy to review any possible musical contributions.

Kyka, I sent you an update on everything thats happened. You might know most of it already by now, but hey, just in case!

Bucket said:

I threw something together using unconventional instruments.

"ThirteeNTh hour"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9nX-nszGzKvVk1scFgxNmNVUnc/edit?usp=sharing

I like it. Good for if you need something kind of spooky but more up-tempo. The sort of hollow, reverberating sound would be well-suited to an underground level, or at least one that's largely enclosed. Would fit Map19: Crud Refinery just fine, though I'm in no way claiming the song.

Oh cool, a new midi :D "spooky but more up-tempo" E2 midi for sure?

Also we seriously need to work on the map names some day ;]

btw, I'm kinda itching to get outside feedback on those skies. We need to start getting some screenshots of Revilution in general out there. Start getting it clear that this isnt purely a "rejected shitty Devilution map compilation" and that its standing proudly on its own feet.

EDIT: I love the 1:20 mark

MAP14 currently has half a start area. Not screenshot worthy.
I should finish up on the story music tomorrow. I think it's taken so long because I kinda got carried away with the rhythms again.
It does go to show though what you can do with just a 5 second track.

Cant wait to hear it. I do hope it loops relatively well, being a vanilla project, it'll play be default on Map33 :p

side note, I've had Vengeance in my head all afternoon..

Ragnor said:

btw, I'm kinda itching to get outside feedback on those skies. We need to start getting some screenshots of Revilution in general out there. Start getting it clear that this isnt purely a "rejected shitty Devilution map compilation" and that its standing proudly on its own feet.

I wanna keep the skies under wraps for now. I am catching up with Xaser via Skype tomoz, so we will see what we can organise.

Also, Bucket, Thanks heaps for the new track. :)

Six MIDIs I composed...

Tried to make them feel DOOMish, albeit a little repetitive... The MIDIs were tested with a few soundfonts, mainly the SONiVOX 24 MB, but the volumes and stuff should hopefully also be listenable on other synths like the Microsoft GS.

Folder link: http://1drv.ms/1fNXAZQ

Hellhole - 2:05
"Evil"-sounding track. Dist guitar, sawtooth...

Lonely Corridors - 2:05
Similar in style to The Imp's Song. Sort of a softer moody track.

No Absolution - 3:08
Inspired by The Demon's Dead and Into Sandy's City. Guitar, harpsichord...

Severance - 2:22
Mostly a rockish track with electric guitars. Also has a rock organ.

Thrash 'N' Tear - 2:43
A fast energetic track. Electric guitars, sawtooth etc.

Wasted - 3:10
Another somewhat moody track. Choir, paddy sounds, harp etc.

Personally, I like them all. Corridors and Wasted are good E2/E3 candidates especially.

Kyka/Megamur, can one of you do me a favour and and get all our contributed midis into a wad later? (To hear them ingame) I have no idea how to do it myself, sadly.

@TheUltimateDoomer666. Dude. thanks so much for the Midi's. Really appreciate your work.

Ragnor said:

Kyka/Megamur, can one of you do me a favour and and get all our contributed midis into a wad later? (To hear them ingame) I have no idea how to do it myself, sadly.

I know nothing about Dehacked. But for now, as long as you can keep the Midis organised and together, and we know which one goes where, that is all good. Thanks bro.

Ionian Isolation was present in Megamur's edit of map 12, so I guess he knows how to assign midis. Its all on you, Megamur ;p