Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

Hmm, I meant to chat with Kyka about this over the weekend, but we missed each other thanks to busy schedules. Welple. :P

I suppose I'll post the list of Bucketmidis that aren't being currently used in TNT2; while Whoo's listing probably isn't final, these ones ought to be up for grabs at the least:

TOTALNOT: "Total NoThingness" by Bucket
TARGETNE: "Target NeuTralized" by Bucket
TRIALAND: "Trial aNd Terror" by Bucket
TENET: "TeNeT" by Bucket
TINTOKER: "TiN Toker" by Bucket
TINTINNA: "TiNTinnabulation" by Bucket
TRANSITI: "TraNsiTion" by Bucket (supershort piece, but it could work for an intermission screen maybe)
There's one more (TrenchaNT that's been specifically requested by Marcaek for his map), but it's not in the wad Whoo linked since it was unclaimed at the time I did the last compilation.

Starpath's "Orbital" is semi-slated for MAP29 but that was a random choice I did; Tarnsman's probably best to ask about that one since he's got control of the map slot at the moment.

Tyrant's Tomb is one I'm particularly fond of in its current placement, since it just so happens to fit amazingly well with the opening segment of EmZee's MAP01. Given the name of the track, I kinda wonder if that was the intent in the first place. ;)

Hope this clears things up a bit. As a for-the-record, I'm still of the opinion that I'd be totally cool with the projects sharing tracks, but I know it's Kyka's preference to keep things as distinct as possible, which I understand. Your call on that one.

Thanks for that Xaser, thats much clearer then the linked wad (editing newbie here)

Surprised Orbital isnt used for Infernal Carrier, seems like a match made in heaven. Interesting choice of Tomb on that map 1. That track feels like a much further in map. Sounds ideal for a TNTR E2 finisher, what with our different focus on episodes. Then again, ive been playing that map with IDMUS30 for pretty much forever, so I wouldnt know how it goes :p

Do you guys (weird saying that, as your on our team too, ha) have the story completed yet? Just want to make sure I'm not inadvertently copying anything.

EDIT: you guys should definitely keep Target NeuTralised, TiN Toker is literally that track fused with Into the Beasts Belly (TNT 8, Mount Pain and Last Call's theme), I remember Bucket saying he wasnt entirely happy with two of the same track so this solves that problem.

EDIT2: We have our intermission, Eris's "Aftermath", so we arent using TraNsiTion. You could use it as the story text if that one is still undecided

Ragnor said:

Thanks for that Xaser, thats much clearer then the linked wad (editing newbie here)

Surprised Orbital isnt used for Infernal Carrier, seems like a match made in heaven. Interesting choice of Tomb on that map 1. That track feels like a much further in map. Sounds ideal for a TNTR E2 finisher, what with our different focus on episodes. Then again, ive been playing that map with IDMUS30 for pretty much forever, so I wouldnt know how it goes :p

Do you guys (weird saying that, as your on our team too, ha) have the story completed yet? Just want to make sure I'm not inadvertently copying anything.

EDIT: you guys should definitely keep Target NeuTralised, TiN Toker is literally that track fused with Into the Beasts Belly (TNT 8, Mount Pain and Last Call's theme), I remember Bucket saying he wasnt entirely happy with two of the same track so this solves that problem.

EDIT2: We have our intermission, Eris's "Aftermath", so we arent using TraNsiTion. You could use it as the story text if that one is still undecided

Isn't that was story for dehacked written by Whoo? It's here:
http://pastebin.com/Xhsrmmxd
EDIT. Yes, this is story for TNT2 Devilution posted earlier, as you see there are some similarities but not too much.

Oh cool, they changed the "dies at the end" bit (ie stopping Plutonia and Doom 64 from ever happening). Anyway, that doesn't conflict with ours at all, so thanks for finding that.

Do we get to keep ThirteeNTh hour? I fell in love with that song very quickly. But it won't kill me if we can't use it.

And what about UltimateDoomer666's tracks?

EDIT: And I'd love if one of our composers would remake or do a new song in a vein similar to this one. It was always one of my favorites, with the lonely, chilling, almost rainy sound it has to it.

I'm assuming Bucket composed ThirteeNTh Hour specifically for Revilution, so yeah that's definitely yours.

I'll have to double-check with Xaser, but I don't think we're using any of UltimateDoomer666's tracks either.

Im pretty sure all the tracks Bucket posted in this thread that arent part of his midi compilation are "ours"

Thirteenth Hour is definitely being used.

Megamur, just officially request it from a midi composer :p Thats how we have TiN Toker!

EDIT: I just realised I have TNT's soundtrack playing while writing this, haha

@everyone. Thanks for all the input with map names and midis.

And Ragnor and Megamur, thanks for looking after that, while I try to get texture packs organised, haha.

Still slowly working on the story text and music thing.

Wondering where Corsair went, hes been offline long enough that he hasnt seen my texture pack PM. A bit more worrying when hes got the all-important map 20 slot..

Ok.

New Texture pack has been sent to all mappers and testers. Any feedback/requests/complaints/godlike praise is to be directed to me. I am open to any and all suggestions regarding texture selection etc.

Thanks everyone. Now back to some actual mapping for me.

I am pretty pleased with the new texture pack. All new skies, Lots of new textures, including a set of window textures, lots of new comp textures, cool stuff and some random stuff.

If any of the mappers want any other stuff added or changed, let me know, am happy to work on that level.

Eris Falling said:

Not quite :P

Soz Eris. Sent it to you just now.

cannonball said:

Cool, I will get started on my map ASAP then :)

Woohoo. Look forward to it. :)

And here none of my texture suggestions are in minus the editing of the textures with TNT2 references in them *sheds tear*

Of course, being the dude thinking up most of the story, I tend to ask for bigger things than windows, ha.

Still some issues with E1 and E2 skies, not sure of they've received edits since the first time I reported them.

Btw Eris, I only just noticed you said you might do the map 30 track. I suppose I should fill you in on the plan for it in a PM, youve already seen a small part of him/it for the reveal on map 14 so I guess it would be better if I did anyway. With Kyka's permission of course.

Haven't posted in a few months. Here is a midi I created. It is the end theme from the TV series Dexter. The first half is pretty much the song note for note. The second half is a doom metal arrangement. It clocks in at 3:12. Please credit me if you use this, thanks.

Dexter - Blood Theme (arrangement by Egregor)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad4fye0yi2sjae3/Dexter_-_Blood_Theme.mid

Kyka: got it, thanks :)

Ragnor: While MIDIs are in discussion, I've started 32 again. This one is definitely cold and atmospheric, but not creepy heh. Though it's still in early stages (only 2 minutes so far) so I could possibly add a creepier section in.
This one is an 8-bar chord progression too (I always seem to do 4), so hooray another milestone

Oops, meant to post this but forgot to, but TNT2's not using anything from UltimateDoomer666 (mostly due to me not actually having his midis downloaded anywhere -- I hadn't heard of them until this thread :P ), so they're all free-like. Hope that helps a bit!

A note to MIDI composers: We're looking for original music and arrangements (remixes) of Evilution songs. Songs that feature music, in whole or in part, from movies, TV shows or other video games won't be used. Sorry.

Megamur said:

A note to MIDI composers: We're looking for original music and arrangements (remixes) of Evilution songs. Songs that feature music, in whole or in part, from movies, TV shows or other video games won't be used. Sorry.

I guess I should have realized that. I just cooked that up cause I like the song, and thought I'd throw it up here on doomworld.

Most of TNT's music is garbage, so unless you can spin shit into gold you'll probably want to stick with originals. The exception to this is 'Agony Rhapsody' from level 06 - Open Season. Ironically, by these standards some of music from the original TNT would have been rejected. 'Legion of The Lost' is based on a song from the band Grave Digger. Its also the only other quality tune from TNT worth mentioning.

Map 07 has best music not repeatable on any other levels but not so hot map design. Map 04 has also unique moments, especially playing tune got whole new meaning in subverted reality portion of the map

All music so far is either original or a partial or full remix of a TNT track. Further remixes of TNT tracks I dont mind, but it really does depend on the level

I remember Bucket remixing Deepest Reaches, I would probably only use a track like that on a level themed after Deepest Reaches for example (Reaching Deeper? lol) Even then, we already have a cave-like theme waiting for such a level. Do we actually have one of these still? I dont remember one right now.

Sounds good to me. The one Bucket made was used in the Devilution demo, so I think Devilution has theirs

Did they use your other contributions btw? I remember you made quite a few TNTish things. I'm looking for a varied soundtrack list that isn't solely Bucket and Eris tracks. Although, in all honesty, they make such good stuff I wouldn't actually mind that..

i made TNT-ish tracks when? i don't recall ever swinging by that vibe. O.o

and as far as i know, none of my tracks were used. i think the links to what i did contribute there are dead anyway. if any WERE used, then i certainly never was informed of that.

Egregor said:

Most of TNT's music is garbage, so unless you can spin shit into gold you'll probably want to stick with originals. The exception to this is 'Agony Rhapsody' from level 06 - Open Season. Ironically, by these standards some of music from the original TNT would have been rejected. 'Legion of The Lost' is based on a song from the band Grave Digger. Its also the only other quality tune from TNT worth mentioning.

I actually liked a lot of Evilution's soundtrack. (Map04's theme, Death's Bells, is one of my favorite Doom songs ever.) I just wish it had more original tunes and didn't recycle so many Doom II tracks.

And a lot of Doom music is ripped off from other sources, I admit. You're correct in that regard. So maybe your song wouldn't be a bad choice. I just have worries about the soundtrack turning into one of those "These are all my favorite TV show themes" situations that pop up in a lot of crappy WADs. I guess it depends on how much the song resembles the TV theme original.

Doomhuntress said:

and as far as i know, none of my tracks were used. i think the links to what i did contribute there are dead anyway. if any WERE used, then i certainly never was informed of that.

They certainly do have some issues with contacting people and letting people know what's up, what's being used and what isn't (Xaser is getting this long-standing issue sorted though it seems). Its why Revilution exists. Anyway, feel free to submit anything else our way if you'd like.

Im loosely looking for Mustainey guitar stuff (ie the TNT style most people associate with TNT's music, weve got a few of these already) for E1, moody/creepy music for E2 (Stuff like TNT's Map 6 and Map 20) and anything that will fit "industrial tech hell" for E3

Megamur said:

I actually liked a lot of Evilution's soundtrack. (Map04's theme, Death's Bells, is one of my favorite Doom songs ever.)

Why am I not suprised? It was also my favourite Doom track, for about 10 years. Now it feels a bit jaded :( Almost no remix has ever done it justice either..

IMO, TNT01, 04, 16 and INTER are pretty cool, though I just wish the panflute in 04 didn't go off-beat halfway through, it sounds pretty bad.
14 isn't bad either. Don't really care about any of the others. 07 has a stupid ending, and 11 is horrible (though I have high respect for Lorcán's remix of 11 in particular, since I can actually tolerate it.)

I'm looking for a varied soundtrack list that isn't solely Bucket and Eris tracks

Bucket:Eris ratio would probably be 4:1 heh

"industrial tech hell"

This means power drums!

Doomhuntress said:

You submitted a ZIP full of music in the other thread (which I unfortunately no longer have). Much of it is perfectly usable, if you could just make them more loop-friendly and edit them for time.

Bucket said:

You submitted a ZIP full of music in the other thread (which I unfortunately no longer have). Much of it is perfectly usable, if you could just make them more loop-friendly and edit them for time.

well, if you say so, here's a working link to the zip file i posted earlier. it's been... expanded on since i posted it there. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwzja72hq3bp54t/Doom%20Stuff.zip