Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

Megamur said:

After posting about it in the GBA Doom thread, it made me want to bring it up here: If anyone could work this song even partly into one of your compositions, I love you. Obscure Doom references always excite me. And I just think it makes a good base for something.

well, i thought the mid-part was kind of interesting, but i don't think this song will work anywhere at all in the project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hdmhri8ix0038t/computers.mid

Wow, that was fast! Thank you! I do like the piece, even if we can't find a use for it. It has a spacious quality to it, with a slower pace conducive to exploration. (I like how it starts out fast then slows down a bit as it gets into the main part of the song.) I could imagine using it in a level with a lot of interconnected outdoor structures.

yeah, i don't think it'll have much use in this particular project. i just whipped it up because i wanted to use part of that middle from the GBA Doom song, which was a cool idea but pretty terribly executed. as far as songs go, though, is the roster more or less filled?

TheCupboard said:

I can be a beta tester when you guys reach that point. I can do PrBoom, ZDoom, and/or ZDaemon.

Much appreciated, and ur in! Thanks for your offer. :) First post updated to reflect future beta tester status.

Doomhuntress said:

yeah, i don't think it'll have much use in this particular project. i just whipped it up because i wanted to use part of that middle from the GBA Doom song, which was a cool idea but pretty terribly executed. as far as songs go, though, is the roster more or less filled?

Ragnor would be the man to ask, but I think there is still a handful of slots remaining. :)

Testing out some new textures/flats.

How it looks in DoomBuilder:

How it looks in Chocolate Doom:

Now as far as I can tell, I have done all the obvious things correct: Is in Doom Palette, is a standard width and height, is added to the Patch table and texture1 lump correctly etc etc.

Thoughts?

[edit] Sorry all, I worked it out. The patches in question have the same names as their matching flats. My bad. [/edit]

Soz double post. I quoted myself by mistake instead of editing the previous post. Oops.

MIDI++
Meat Locker track missed its target, so that track may go to another slot, which means potentially even more songs from me on this project.
I'll end up with 3 tracks in progress if I'm not careful D:

@Kyka

The editor screenshot with the corrected textures gives off a slight Castlevania look. The old CV games were full of uniform block tiles like that. :)

I might put the new Eris track in an E1 slot. If nobody objects that is. Does it have a name?

Where did all those newer Doomhuntress midis go by the way? I am VERY out of the loop. For the meantime I can access A computer, so midis arent a problem.

I'm having trouble getting anywhere with Meat Locker myself. I've started to rethink the opening segments entirely.

All MIDI time is currently going on a real song that I've nearly finished writing.
Despite Stuff­®, I have no inspiration for the dark haunting theme you requested Mur. Once again, something like this springs to mind. It has the brilliantly sad sounding elements, yet it's able to go into a huge orchestral piece.
Then there's this.

I haven't worked on 14 since the shot of the tower, hopefully I can get back to it soon.
Lack of creativity is a real pain in the ass.

Eris Falling said:

Despite Stuff­®, I have no inspiration for the dark haunting theme you requested Mur. Once again, something like this springs to mind. It has the brilliantly sad sounding elements, yet it's able to go into a huge orchestral piece.
Then there's this.

The first song you linked, while good, has too much of a sweet sentimentality to it. The Portal one captures more of the genuine bleakness I wanted, though not enough of the horror. In the end, I'll probably just have to pick a MIDI from the bag and be happy with it. :)

As for Ringer Dawn, I do like the start of it, though the opening bass and cymbals give way at the :26 mark and the song loses a lot of its groove and energy. I like the instrument that comes in at the :40 mark, reminding me a bit of Evilution's Map05 theme, which I would enjoy seeing reborn in some fashion for this WAD. Overall, though, this track is too short and simple for my tastes. It seems better suited to a wild west-themed WAD. Thank you for the submission, though.

Yeah I'm completely devoid of creativity at the moment, so it all depends on how long you want to wait really. I've been wanting to do something like that portal track for a while.

yeah, same here, really. all i've done the past few days are short doodles like Ringer Dawn that kind of suck. you were kind of lucky to get me on board when i had the creativity to create... what was it, 10 tracks for this project? all that remains to do is fix the tracks, still waiting for Bucket to see if my latest fix finally did it, so i can go back and touch up my tracks for this project.

I swear my existence got everyone inspired. Now that I'm mostly gone because of a computer failure, seems like everyone is losing steam. Well, except Kyka. I have so many map updates (that I cant even utilise yet) in my inbox its hilarious!

I would be onboard any Strife project. That game really needs more love.

At the moment I cant even browse anything decently, I usually use my Wii U's browser and gamepad for easy non-pc internet, but I didnt bring it with me on vacation because no games. I believe this is the fourth week of that bloody computer being in repair with no word on its progress.

Eris Falling said:

Yeah I'm completely devoid of creativity at the moment, so it all depends on how long you want to wait really. I've been wanting to do something like that portal track for a while.

I'm working extremely slowly, so you have plenty of time. There's no rush whatsoever. Perhaps like with Wormhold, getting some screenshots to you will provide some inspiration. So first, I have to build enough of the map to take pictures of. :)

Ragnor said:

I swear my existence got everyone inspired. Now that I'm mostly gone because of a computer failure, seems like everyone is losing steam. Well, except Kyka. I have so many map updates (that I cant even utilise yet) in my inbox its hilarious!

AND ANOTHER ONE TODAY. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!1!1!1!

But seriously this will be the last update for a while. Maps are done as they are gonna get. Just waiting on new maps to come in now as the mappers get them done. (And any poaytesting changes that need to be made obviously)

I feel like we are reasonably on track.

Midi team, way ahead of schedule! Yes.

I am thinking of setting a rough deadline for the end of July. Not to have maps done or anything, just for the mappers to show some progress, or at least, something like, "I haven't done much, but I am still keen to map for this."

See what you guys think on this.

Love ur work everyone.

So I got news that my computer is done and just needs to be picked up and paid for. I just need to convince one of the residents here to take me out there..

EDIT: Playing the midi collection so far on my brother's computer (minus all the new ones DH made in my absence, which seem to have the links down) and I can indeed notice on this computer that DH's tracks ARE quieter than the rest. Odd, my computer had them all relatively the same volume.

i'll get back to fixing the volume of every track i've made once Bucket gets back at me if i finally fixed the problem on here, i promise. i'll maybe even edit them slightly.

In the meantime, could you send me a zip or something with all those new tracks? Being quiet/pitchshifted/etc doesnt really matter for just listening in a media player.

I'll be back to "work" on TNTR by the end of the week! (provided the damn thing doesnt meltdown as soon as I touch it)

woohoo! Welcome back to the digital age bro.

Here is some of the miraculous things we can do in the digital domain:

Some new GRAY7 variants for the texture pack. :)

When Ragnor gets his computer back, more pics pop up.

Have Imgur shots, taken in ZDoom. I have few names for my maps, but they are for illustrative purposes only. And one bad thing: The creation of maps goes in snail's pace. :(

Map 20 Warped Gateway

Map 21 Proliferation Labs

Some cool looking shots there, I kind of like the open feel of the third one. It seems like this project is coming along well. :)

Kyka, I was wondering if you received the PM I sent a while back.

Looks cool CorSair!

And you guys won't believe this, but...

I swear my existence got everyone inspired.

QED, I've got 3 ideas going around in my head.
One of these is the new meat locker, hopefully.
I think I need to up my game on any future MIDIs, given that half of my songs use similar chord progressions, and half are in D minor. That can only go for so long, then people begin to notice.