Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

So... do you not want to work on those songs? If not, maybe someone else can polish them. My overall input on this project is already pretty heavy, over two dozen songs.

it's more or less just a collection of tunes i've done the past year that could fit well in Doom. i guess if there is particular interest over certain songs i could retool them for the projects.

Whoah, thats a lot of midis. That'll take a while to sort through.

EDIT: Oh hey, a finished version of Rise is in here. I quite liked that one from the Plutonia bonus tracks

I listened to some of the midis, and I'd say if you ask me then I say that the MIDIs should be the way ID did (hmm the way TNT did? go with that instead). I am sure that there are many other who feels the same way, if this project is suposed to be a sequel to TNT.

Its more of an "alternate unofficial sequel" really. Devilution has the rights to sequel status. Revilution is like a split in reality, we are treating it like a sequel in the sense that it carries on from Evilution's end and will have a reference to Plutonia in the ending, but isn't really one.

Her midis weren't made with TNT in mind, so yeah, obviously not all them can be used. Still, I'm going through them and giving them all a listen. We are currently using Cataclysmic Impact though, it was submitted for a title music track, and we didnt have one. Plus, I like it.

Go Team MIDI!

And that is all.

yeah, it's more of a general Doom music resource than something i compiled with TNT specifically in mind. glad to see the title-track getting used though. on a similar note, i might have another track coming up that i DID make with TNT in mind. whether it becomes finished or as a WIP i can't say for now though.

Ok Two notes to all mappers about the new texture pack:

1)Please don't post new screens showing the new skies yet. I would like to keep them secret for at least a little while. kthanx.

2)If you are already mapping from an earlier version of the texture pack than version 5, then please check your maps if they use either SW1BROWN or SW2BROWN, as these two textures have been totally altered, and include some new patches also. (Also check SW1DIRT and SW2DIRT, but this will only affect you if for some reason you have realigned the texture.)

To Bucket and Doomhuntress and Eris Falling and Ragnor and Megamur and everyone else doing MIDI stuff: Uber props. :)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

1)Please don't post new screens showing the new skies yet. I would like to keep them secret for at least a little while. kthanx.

Good thing mines underground then, heh :P

Cataclysmic Impact

Argh! Mindfuck!

Hi didn't get the new pack.

Also, I seem to have Mappers Block (I have the TRCP map I'm working on, plus P0RTAL and Shotgun Base [you'll know later]) so I haven't worked on my map for some time.

Alsooooooooo...... Did Plutonia come first or Doom64?

Fellowzdoomer said:

Hi didn't get the new pack.

Hey. Sent it to you now. Sorry I missed you.

Ragnor said:

Holy shit, yes!

KYKAAAAA! This must go into the previous Map 21, the colab between you and Olympus, this will match it so well.

Ok. deal.

Doomhuntress said:

i did some more work on the MIDI, though it's not too different composition, just shuffled some parts around in it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl8i7uk1406y8qi/TNT%20wip2.mid

any feedback on its current status and what else i could do on it is appreciated.

The only real feedback I have is that a couple of the melody notes between 1:02 and 1:07 sound off to me. Otherwise, awesome. The track has a great momentum, really good for TNT styled maps. :)

Fellowzdoomer said:

Did Plutonia come first or Doom64?

Doom 64 was the last Doom game before the series was rebooted with Doom 3. It's also the last Doom game in terms of the series' story.

I can easily envision those arena fights in 21/22 (I guess it depends on whether Corsair shows up again) with this music blasting, this will REALLY set the mood. Has an insurmountable challenge vibe to it. As its creator, I'm sure you can imagine this too Kyka ;] It will be even better if we can get the "dead" glowing blue IoS's back in the level and have them watching as you fight.

When I was playing that map the first time, I went out of my way to use Hell to Pay's level 32 theme for it, which had a similar kind of feel to it (In PG and HTP, this track was used for "time is running out" levels filled with tension and a sense of dread)

The only flaw with this WIP track, is that it doesnt yet loop. First time a submission has been a very clear match for an existing level too.

Megamur said:

Doom 64 was the last Doom game before the series was rebooted with Doom 3. It's also the last Doom game in terms of the series' story.

Yep. Ive always assumed the order after UD is D2-> NRFTL -> TNT -> Plutonia -> D64. Doom 64 has a very definite end point for Doomguy; he remains in Hell forever to keep the demons in line with his badassery. Hopefully he never corrupts and joins them, or Hell will be unstoppable :p

Revilution thus comes inbetween TNT and Plutonia, and is more or less, the journey home, cleaning up the Io base for good in the process.

EDIT: Doomhuntress, my brother had this to say about it :

InFlames: and the drums at the start need to fade out, not stop suddenly
InFlames: its just jarring

Dont know if hes still working on music for this or not. Hes never clear on this :/

The transition is a tiny bit jarring when looped, but a simple adjustment to the outro fill should fix that.

Ragnor (in another thread) said:

Well, I just realised that its likely that, in absolute hilarious irony, that neither TNT2: Devilution or TNT: Revilution, will be accepted by Ty, leader of TNT: Evilution. Both begin at Last Call's final arena..

That, and the fact that the texture pack currently has a bunch of Doom/II and Evilution textures in it. Though, we could always make an indirect homage to Last Call's final area instead of a direct copy, and, prior to release, comb through the texture pack to eliminate all the IWAD textures. I'd certainly like to do things this way, as not getting into /idgames would really suck.

Yeah, I was thinking about this a short while ago aftr those PMs. We can warp the architecture and destroy the arena and the tunnel from Last Call, to be instantly recognisable, but not a "copy" . Im going to assume Devilution will just plain cut the area if it becomes an issue, as is their style.

The "round 2" fight against the IoS while its glowing blue (I always assumed the cast call in Evilution was supposed to be you fighting endlessly) could be so intense that the whole area gets wrecked; your only left with 50 bullets and a bunch of wrecked guns. Hence the pistol start and the retreat into Map 1's proper beginning, before that IoS activates a third time.

Obviously any iwad stuff will have to go or be heavily edited, this should ideally run on TNT.wad. Were still early in devleopment anyway, so its easy to shift.

alright, i think i finished the track now. it even has a name now: Terminate N' Torture. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fwuw8jq9u9890q/Terminate%20%27N%27%20Torture.mid

some fixes i did to the song:

changed the flow in some parts. now i think it flows like it should.

fixed the ending. now it should be less abrupt.

added some more instruments. i made the squarewave mid-way through the song more prevalent, and added a celeste and strings to the song, the former to give some more meat to the song, the latter to flesh out the deeper low regions of it.

the guitar track is now two separate ones, panned 30% to the left and right respectively.

With these edits, it will be much more fitting on the rather long level its now accompanying. Heavy on arena fights, it also has several intermission segments between them, some of them a bit lengthy, so its good the midi feels longer and more varied now. I also have it playing on repeat and I barely notice the looping now :D

Kyka, can you update the midi list on the first post with this track? Also in need of updating:
Title music: Cataclysmic Impact - Doomhuntress
Story text music: The Revolution Continues - Eris Falling
Intermission: The Aftermath - Eris Falling

I believe we should also officially list our current four midi contributors in there somewhere. Thanks guys! KYKA WANTED IT TO RAIN MIDIS, AND I AM DROWNING IN THEM! IT IS GLORRRRRRIOUS!

agh, i screwed up a bit on the name, so i had to rename the file and fix the link. nothing huge, though, just remember that it's called Terminate 'N' Torture, NOT Terminate N' Torture. the difference is VERY slight.

I sent my partially-remodeled version of Map09 out to the testers. (Hopefully I remembered everyone.)

Megamur said:

That, and the fact that the texture pack currently has a bunch of Doom/II and Evilution textures in it. Though, we could always make an indirect homage to Last Call's final area instead of a direct copy, and, prior to release, comb through the texture pack to eliminate all the IWAD textures. I'd certainly like to do things this way, as not getting into /idgames would really suck.

Yeah for sure. I added the iwad textures because it made the pack so much easier to work with. And actually there are a lot of the textures that are slightly modified from the originals also. (eg SNAK8_1 and SNAK7_1, RW26_1 - 4, RW18_1 - 4, WLA128_1 W17_1.) So obviously we will keep those.

Ragnor said:

Kyka, can you update the midi list on the first post with this track? Also in need of updating:
Title music: Cataclysmic Impact - Doomhuntress
Story text music: The Revolution Continues - Eris Falling
Intermission: The Aftermath - Eris Falling

Done. Thanks Ragnor. :)

I believe we should also officially list our current four midi contributors in there somewhere. Thanks guys! KYKA WANTED IT TO RAIN MIDIS, AND I AM DROWNING IN THEM! IT IS GLORRRRRRIOUS!

Also done. I actually thought that what would happen here is that we would get all the maps in, and then we would all be like "Damn. Now we need 32 MIDI's. haha let's delay the project for 6 more months while we get those done." But now it is more like... "We are all over the MIDIs. And now we need some maps to go with said MIDIs."

:) Love it. Thanks to all the MIDI people for your work. :)

And then Kyka forgets the extra apostrophe in Terminate 'N' Torture anyway ;]

Not be to that guy, but you also missed TheUltimateDoomer666 from the midi contributors, and you can delete the "level end midi" bit, its the same thing as the Intermission. ie we have all our non-level midis sorted out, castcall theme excluded, since that one is hardcoded to use Map 31's theme (And Eris will be onto that a some point)

Something that slipped my mind: Map 27: ToNgue Tied - Bucket (May change later at Xaser's discretion)

All other midis are unclaimed and unassigned. That cave-like track of Bucket's might go to Map 9, hes expanded the cave section. Will be taking a look at this map later tonight or tomorrow.

Speaking of map 31, any word from Valkiriforce yet on Anubis' inclusion?

Dammit, haha.

Fixed all that stuff now,

And no word yet from Valkiriforce in relation to map 31. But as long as we hear from him sometime in the next few months.

actually, my name on here, Doomhuntress, isn't supposed to be capitalized the way it is like in the OP. we Swedes are strange people and like to string together words and not capitalize them. :P

actually, i have a much newer internet alias i go by on other places, but i seem to have not decided to change it on here to avoid confusion.

edit: oh, can songs based off of already existing ones, that are not from TNT, be accepted in this project? i just got an idea to MIDI-fy Klippa's Primordial Soup right now, however i can't produce it just yet.

Im not entirely sold on unoriginal midis. TNT used midis based on existing material just like Doom itself did, so the window IS open. I'm assuming its not a straight midi conversion and more of a sound-alike like Prince's work?