Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
june gloom

Unofficial sequels for non-Doom engine games?

What the title said. I'm not sure if this has been asked for, but I was wondering if there was a list of these. Two I can think of off the top of my head are Arctic Wolf (Wolfenstein) and Return of the Triad (Rise of the Triad) -- are there any out there that haven't gotten a lot of exposure?

I meant are there any existing Doom mods like the ones I mentioned that I haven't heard about? Would QDoom count, maybe?

There's also ZBlood, though the quality on that one is really iffy and it seems more like a remake than anything else...

Paranoid is a simultanequel to Half-Life. (Yay! I coined a word even uglier than "prequel"!)

"Portal: Prelude" - the prequel to Portal, obviously, which develops the backstory of GLaDOS (though probably contradicted by Portal 2 now).

The only snag is, unlike other Portal fan-games - there's an excellent fan sequel, where GLaDOS is now a Transformer-type robot who chases you while smashing the level apart - it's not for the casual player. You more or less need an expert knowledge of the game's physics or you'll be screaming "SON OF A BITCH!" minutes into it.

Oh yeah - and there's also a "Duke Nukem Forever" that actually attempts to recreate the game shown in the previews, rather than the pile of horse shit we actually got.

TheLazenby said:
Oh yeah - and there's also a "Duke Nukem Forever" that actually attempts to recreate the game shown in the previews

DNF 2013, the Duke3D mod.