Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

dissection

FDA

Short? Check.
Violent? Check.
Fun? Check.

Really fun actually and a decent challenge too. The start and the AV-room were my favorites, think quick or you're dead. I don't even think it's too short or anything since the battle design is inexplicably fitting for a Scythe-sized map in my opinion. That secret though, did I miss something or can you just not fit into there?

lol oops. yeah, you can't fit into the secret because after you open it, the door's ceiling is slightly below the surrounding ceiling, which is just 56 above the floor (56 is the minimum height the player can fit into).

Good stuff - short, and a nice challenge.
Is the line between the manc room and the corridor set to block monsters? If so, I presume there's a good reason, but then it's quite tempting to strategically exploit it for an easier ride.

r8 fantastic, m8.

pretty easy, enjoyable. I liked the idea behind each fight and was quite fond of the execution as well (decent mix of ambush vs. strategic shtuffs, do like them demon backsides that let you concoct a strategy before engaging.) Only complaint is that there's too much ammo, but I have demonstrably terrible tastes when it comes to that sort of balance.

Another FDA. You almost had me with the last trap, my reaction to it is very clumsy, guess it just wasn't what I was expecting (which is a good thing!).

Not as colorful as many of your other works or as neatly chiseled as 'Copypaste King' was, but it looks fine to me, nonetheless. The stripes of metal support textures here and there seem a bit odd--like they might be interactive in some way, you know--but there's nothing wrong with that. Your affection for the Requiem/early MM2 look/feel becomes more and more evident as time goes by, the Klem music (or maybe this was actually Shaw, but I doubt it) underscoring the point. The play felt good, too, lots of small groups of small/medium monsters that are dangerous because they come from multiple angles and can quickly corner you if you're too indecisive. It's not what I'd call 'hard' by any stretch, but it certainly keeps you engaged, and you have to pay attention or pay the price, as my near-death near the exit shows. This is the kind of thing I meant when I commented on Copypaste King some time ago--you don't need to load your level down with minutely-choreographed 'fuck you traps' or even make it particularly hard to make it enjoyable, you just need to make sure it keeps players on their toes.