Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meapineapple

Automapper: Make maps of DOOM levels like the in-game automap

Top work. (Unless I missed it) can there be separate colour options added for lines with no ceiling/floor change and lines marked as hidden? please :o)

meapineapple said:

It makes stuff that looks like this[/B]:

Are these images scaled down, or is that the size of the app output?

Could the program be expanded to save as with GZDoom:

?

Check settings.txt for how to change or add color schemes. There's no option currently for hidden linedefs but I may add more coloring options later on.

The application can output images of any size. And it doesn't look at things or flats - I may add capability for the former but I've no plans involving reading textures. The WAD format is new to me so I'll just be taking it a little bit at a time.

Works very nicely. I set it up to export a bunch of pics at my screen resolution and then used a slideshow screensaver to show them. :)

Excellent little console application, and very easy to use. I'm really looking forward to future updates, particularly one that might allow us to change the colour of hidden lines (as mentioned above), hehe. :)

Does this view maps from wad files, or does it only export as images?

40oz said:

Does this view maps from wad files, or does it only export as images?

I kind of whizzed through my demo run, but I think it's only for exporting. Would be great to see this further developed to actually view the maps content within the programme (as with Visplane Explorer), then DB plug-in status is almost sure to follow! :D

P.S. it's only 183kb(zipped), so there's really no downside to giving it a whirl.

Couldn't you make a portable version (with a source release) or one for DOS? (Since DOSBox is portable.) I don't generally use Windows.

I was too lazy to make a UI, I'm definitely too lazy to get it working on DOS. Sorry about that. I'm working on revising how color schemes are handled, maybe I'll include the source once I've finished that.

Changes for version 1.2:
Improved the color scheme workings, now it's a hell of a lot more versatile. (If not a bit cobbled together.)
Added distinction for Boom-format maps because it matters in working out some of the new color condition things.
Made it so Doom 1 format maps ("ExMy") are now detected and allowed to load.

The more versatile color schemes means that, among a lot of other things, hidden lines can now be properly colored.
Also, I've included the source with this download. It's in a relatively obscure language, so I apologize for that.

2,5 year old thread, I know. Sorry for necroposting.
The problem I have is that the program does NOT recognize ExMy maps, despite that its's written in the changelog. The author of the program appears to be inactive, so does anyone have any suggestions?
(I use Win7, if it matters)

bzzrak said:

Sorry, but GZDB is not an option for me. It has a nasty habit of BSODing my computer. (i made a thread about it quite a while ago)

Is that ---> https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1590699 the thread ?

If it is, then the information about the crash is rather meager.
You could have given the contents of GZBuilder.log as a minimum, to trace what the program was doing.

Yep, that's it. Yeah, I've completely forgotten about log files... Expect that thread to rise from the dead in the next couple of weeks.

I love this - I just wanted to say thank you for this amazing mapping utility. I'm having fun with it currently and going through some megawads using this.