Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jazzmaster9

Jazzmaster9's MIDIs [Resource]

In my opinion pretty much all of these are way too simplistic/repetitive, like you just take one quite simple motif (not sure if that's the correct word, I don't know a thing about music theory, I can only play songs on piano by looking at the notes :) ) and play it over and over with some minor variations. They are a bit boring to listen to even once, so hearing them for 10+ minutes while playing a Doom level (if that's what they are for) would be a bit of a torture I think. I'd say you need to put a little more effort into composing something interesting, varied, complex.

Memfis said:

In my opinion pretty much all of these are way too simplistic/repetitive, like you just take one quite simple motif (not sure if that's the correct word, I don't know a thing about music theory, I can only play songs on piano by looking at the notes :) ) and play it over and over with some minor variations. They are a bit boring to listen to even once, so hearing them for 10+ minutes while playing a Doom level (if that's what they are for) would be a bit of a torture I think. I'd say you need to put a little more effort into composing something interesting, varied, complex.

Thank you for the feedback, yeah I feel them being a bit repetitive as well, I try to layer some other melodies but over all it's stills simplistic, I'll try to make some more varied midis in the future.

again Thank you :D