Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devalaous

Doom 2 on steam patched

Any idea what it did? I find it strange that it would even get patched at all. Hopefully its not BFG style censorship.

Not sure, though I doubt it has anything to do with patching the actual game. Some DOSBox or other file fixes perhaps...? Is it possible to check the game's files in the Steam folder to see which was modified?

Dunno. Got my computer back from repairs today, and it was one of the updated games. None of the other Dooms had patches.

There's not enough emotions in this thread, so little that I don't understand how the discussed things actually are.

So, does Steam currently provide classic Doom files, or the censored BFG ones?

scifista42 said:

There's not enough emotions in this thread, so little that I don't understand how the discussed things actually are.

So, does Steam currently provide classic Doom files, or the censored BFG ones?

AFAIK, Steam provides the classic Doom files if you bought the games directly or as a part of Doom Classic Complete, and that hasn't changed. You only get the BFG editions if you buy, well, BFG Edition.

scifista42 said:

Eh?

Technician said:

Steam still provides unmolested Doom 2 wads?

This is true, I double checked this more than once. The files are if they're from 1994-1995.