Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

p (boom map(s?)). Will probably be a folder of map01s if I make more than 1.

p2 is ready for FDAs if you don't mind (and check out this cool 'p' word) potential desync if a change is made. Another word that starts with p is picklepuss, and the letter p itself starts AND ends with p. This is why I have decided to dedicate these map(s?) to this amazing letter.

old notfinal version (stupid filesmelt was down when I tried this link though, all the fdas only work on this version probably):
http://filesmelt.com/dl/p2.wad

final version with 4:42 uvmax demo (renamed p2final, I'll probably rename the previous version p2notfinal or something later):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4czztw

Fun, I liked all the level transformations and stuff. Died on the part where you take the BFG and drop down to a horde of hitscanners.

edit: lol, checked out the exit, probably spent like 2 minutes just moving back and forth watching that animation. Large brown trees kinda look like they have legs so I guess it makes sense that they can move.

Here's an angry FDA.

I wanted to try out Deadfall Adventures for the free weekend on Steam, but it didn't launch. So I restart Steam, and now it gives me the usual Can't connect to the Steam servers, check your network error, which I don't think is ever related to network errors, 'cuz the Internet is filled with people saying the fix is to delete ClientRegistry.blob. Which works about 10% of the time for me, but what else can you do, so I did, and then Steam didn't boot up at all. So had to reinstall it entirely, but of course it hangs up while creating a shortcut (and desktop shortcuts are so important, better make them mandatory); but ok, nvm, killing the process lets the install finish. But then of course it has to update, because why give the complete 100mb download on your website when you can instead force the user to download a 1mb file which then uses its own, inefficient updater which breaks 9 times out of 10 to download those whopping 100mbs. All of which probably happened because I dared move some games out of my Steam partition and onto an external harddrive. Should have copypasted and then deleted the games through Steam I guess, wouldn't want to do things logically when you can take an extra step or two. And why did I move games out in the first place, you ask? Because the stupid Elder Scrolls Online launcher downloaded 60gb worth of files even though the game supposedly weights 25gb, all that because I selected "Europe" as a region. Of course it only makes sense it'd download both the files for US and Europe. Which are probably the exact same files save for the folder name. Oh, and there's no Europe beta ATM, so everyone, regardless if they're from America or Europe, get to play on NA servers. But I guess I'm ready for when I will inevitably (not) decide to drop 60 european dollars, which is about 80 ameribucks, somehow my euro is only worth one dollar when I buy something rather than the 1.4...something it is when I get paid. Plus a 15€ sub a month for the privilege of having a million other assholes running around yelling about arrows and knees. Yeah right. Why should billion dollar companies focus on making their bread and butter programs work correctly, when they can instead make virtual hats, or weird touch controllers nobody asked for, or... whatever it is Bethesda spends their stacks on, creating new bugs maybe?

Anyway, played mechanically as I was too busy sulking to think. So... Can't remember much about the map. Wood textures I think? And, uh, monsters. Yep, there were definitely some of these monsters. Weapons probably too. Great stuff man, I'm loving it.

pff, that was easy enough j5rio (that was an fda?)

Like all trojan horse technological systems the elites only let the public have because it is 40 years behind the secret technology they horde for themselves, steam is a mousetrap baited with cheese. In this case the cheese is games, in youtubes's case the cheese is being able to see cats do funny things, facebook's cheese is to make you feel like you have friends, virtually, since all their other systems have made it impossible to have friends in real life. The goal of all these systems is to transform the slaves into blubbery dumbed down blobs from the movie wall-e (that was just the elites mocking what they know we will be with another trojan horse, disney and pixar, since their eye of sauron, google, can predict the future), before finally making it illegal to have arms and legs. All the quadruple amputees will be required to give head to the elite on command, but the propaganda will make them enjoy it so one might brag that he was ordered to give head to the dear leader 5 times in one day, and this will make him a minor celebrity among the other quadruple amputee blobs. The role of the steam mousetrap is to gradually erode videogames until they are destroyed. They must be destroyed (in their current form; brain controlled propaganda and re-education games will still exist) to pave way for a future where most of the population has no fingers or arms to play them.

That said, uummm, if someone is interested, the way to make the walk over lines not trigger and alter the level until a desired later time, is to have them control a repeatable dummy lift that can block a dummy doomguy from scrolling past a trigger line. These lines can be freely walked over at first because the lift doesn't trigger the desired effect if the dummy doomguy isn't in front of the dummy lift yet, so have something else later trigger a pole or whatever to unblock doomguy so he is now in front of the repeatable lift, so those walk over lines do trigger the desired effect later.

You are right mmmgork that is an fda. It's also the best fda ever. You can never hope to get that wonderful fda in your life. I hit the bag a few times before though so I won't play a fda like a mmmgork and then accidentally suicide irl or something.

Shit FDA incoming. I am not exactly brilliant at this FDA lark as it shows a fair amount of deaths and no exit. It's pretty much a typical Mork map which I like (though I preferred G8 and the Fart maps). I was a bit confused at first seeing as it seemed relatively monster light for a mork map despite getting my arse kicked at first then suddenly, wham, bam, thank you ham it hit me like a step dad after the red door. Then again, I have never been too good at slaughter wads despite being a fan of them. http://www.mediafire.com/download/yjb9u49n7261ppg/IsYourPWet.lmp

P....retty cool. :)
Here's a FDA : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3tsd8hy5xba9hr2/p2-fda-2004-wh.zip

I'd say that it's obviously way easier than most of the previous ggg maps I've played. Each time I saw a BFG or a key I was expecting the entire map to collapse and reveal tons of Cyberdemons and Arch-Viles, but fortunately it wasn't the case here. :p
Great stuff, many nasty surprises ( the one with the collapsing floor + ton of hitscanners and Imps seems the most dangerous here, while Arachnotrons could use some more reinforcements I think ), and this ending had me going back and forth for a while just to admire the effect. ;)
Very nice.

ha, springy, I like the double take when you use the lift for the first time, whu?? monsters in teh lift?! And the misanthrope in me smiled as the 3 traps trapped you one by one in order, ha ha, fun demo.

I got 4:45 uvmax in like 3 tries and thought is was meh, I mean the cyber went down the stair area so doubted he helped infighting much. Then like 30 tries and many expletives later I pressed spacebar at the end waiting to see like 2:55 or something, nope, 10 seconds SLOWER than previous time... just the monsters cheating and fastforwarding the clock or something. I don't know how so much pure evil was ever programmed into a game.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/21lawg

Will watch wilou's now. EDIT: nice, first try again. I never even playtest safer '1 group at a time' type gameplay, so interesting to see how it plays that way. Kinda awkwardly I guess, like 5 arachnotrons is a pretty stupid fight by itself, unless you just skip them basically and head to the next part. I made this map easier since I remembered uvmaxing for a fast time can be hard even if the map isn't that hard. You gave me a route idea, just trigger the stairs but don't go down them, instead go in the triple key part from the rear (that's where the 2x viles are triggered to warp). I should have textured that door flush since you thought it was a secret earlier, all well.
My other map in another thread was pretty hard though: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/67317-i-made-some-sorta-fartarded-boom-map/

Not my preferred style of gameplay or appearance but that doesn't make it bad; just not to my taste. However, the ending silent teleport effect alone makes it worthy of inclusion in any WAD collection.

Yeah, I just copy paste stuff because I'm too lazy to make real maps.
Sorry, I had to edit the map, original post updated with final p2 link and 4:42 uvmax demo (sigh, at least it was faster than the other 2).
Changed:
the 3 key flashing area can only be accessed from inside the stairs, otherwise it was possible to get all keys and not trigger the last 2 viles. The other side opens when you enter. Also minor textures offsets and made lowering floors proper orangeish texture instead of the brown one.

There were four items I couldn't pick up, is it because I played in ZDoom instead of PrBoom+? Using iddtiddt I could tell that they were four of the armor bonuses in the small corridor with the three skull keys. The sixteen other bonuses in the same place were successfully picked up, so that was weird.

I probably would have never noticed that. I think the armor bonuses move up real high on the surrounding wall when the thin walls lower. I've seen that behavior in both boom and zdoom before I think, like if an item is too close to a sector that will lower, it'll warp to the top of that sector when it starts lowering. I guess I'll leave as is since the armor bonuses are practically decorations at only 1%.
I noticed a kind of annoying thing in doombuilder 2 when making that map. If you have 2 far away sectors joined, then draw a line inside one of them, they become unjoined apparently.