Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Unregistered account

Teleporting dead bodies - Vanilla Doom

Hi, I'm working on a level for Final Doom The Way Id Did, and I've made a dummy sector with four Barons of Hell. They're standing on linedefs which I've placed in the middle of their platforms, in front of explosive barrels (which are in stacks of around 10). When I want them to teleport into the levels, a crusher starts above the barrels.

The barrels explode correctly and it kills the Barons, but when I NoClip to the dummy sector, the barons are still in the room. Their bodies have been pushed forward, but, as I've said, they're still in the room.

Can dead bodies not teleport? Please help me out here.

I have a new problem now.

Dead bodies can teleport but for some reason it's kinda tricky to set up. I was having similar problems just recently and was about to creade a thread with the same question, but I played around with the dummy sector a bit more and somehow managed to get the mechanism to work. You can take a look at that map, maybe it will help.

Ok, thanks so much! Unfortunately, I found out my problem: the sector the bodies teleported into were all too small >_<

GOD, I feel like an idiot now.

Too small... But that shouldn't have caused any problems. Teleports work even if the object (e.g. the player) gets stuck at the destination. Sounds like the problem was in something else that you accidentally fixed by making that sector bigger.

Really? Odd... Maybe it was because the Barons were stuck in a lowered ceiling... but they weren't in so far that it should impair movement, only about 2-4 pixels. :/