Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

First memories of Doomworld.com

What was your earliest memory of Doomworld?
My first was seeing a POTD of E1M1 from Heretic with a CyberDemon standing in front of Corvus, where you first begin the game.

It was beautiful, filled with doomy goodness with fantastic forums and the nicest people that I have ever met on the net and it was brown...

Oh wait. That was doomnation.

Damn.

Shit I couldn't tell you. I used this place as a resource for utilities long before I assaulted the D3 forums. Of course, that was only when I couldn't find what the hell I was looking for on the cdrom ftp.

darknation said:

It was beautiful, filled with doomy goodness with fantastic forums and the nicest people that I have ever met on the net and it was brown...

Oh wait. That was doomnation.

Damn.

ROFL, fantastic forums. Fantastically filled with flamewars, maybe.

Linguica said:

ROFL, fantastic forums. Fantastically filled with flamewars, maybe.

Flamewars rule! We need more flamewars here, so I can sit back and laugh at 2 or 3 retards arguing over which is better, peanut butter or jelly.

Chocolate chip cookies own oatmeal. Oh wait, you can't have a flamewar over that, everyone knows that.

Anyway, when I thought of the community back then I had a picture of 30 year old newspaper in my head. Now I realize there's nothing good to look forward to in the future so might as well be in that newspaper.

bigbadgangsta said:

Flamewars rule! We need more flamewars here, so I can sit back and laugh at 2 or 3 retards arguing over which is better, peanut butter or jelly.

JELLY

I first linked here from TeamTNT.com after the source was released. The earliest PotD I remember was the one of the Doomguy sprite with every weapon in the game strapped on him somewhere.

The earliest POTD I can remember is the one with Ling being mentioned on NBC or some other news channel for being the webmaster of Doomworld.

I first got here because I was looking for Doom sites and just typed in doomworld.com cause there was a dukeworld.com too...plus I might've linked there once or twice from Functional Entropy when it was still active. I was waiting for that damn ID4 TC to come out =)

Archvile64 said:

I might've linked there once or twice from Functional Entropy when it was still active. I was waiting for that damn ID4 TC to come out =)

Hahahahahahhahaha. ID4DOOM.

The funny thing is that we somehow got a lot of people to be looking forward to that... and we had a total of about 3.5 levels made for it and about three enemy sprites.

Linguica said:

Hahahahahahhahaha. ID4DOOM.

The funny thing is that we somehow got a lot of people to be looking forward to that... and we had a total of about 3.5 levels made for it and about three enemy sprites.

WANNA WORK ON MILLENNIUM!?

Zaldron said:

WANNA WORK ON MILLENNIUM!?

No he should be busy resurrecting ID4Doom :P

Nuno Correia said:

milnennuim

It was nice knowin' you, Nuno. Wet clean-up to the main forum... at least once Lüt sees that.

I should shut up, I'm close enough to getting banned as it is.

Archvile64 said:

The earliest POTD I can remember is the one with Ling being mentioned on NBC or some other news channel for being the webmaster of Doomworld.

Try and find that POTD...

Why the fuck do Americans/people that do call it Jelly? And just what is it? Jam what?

Fuck that peanut butter and jelly...cheese, onions, tomato sauce, ham, salami, bbq sauce, salt and pepper...

Whenever I feel like making that sandwich...

My spelling grade went down about three points with this post alone...

And the earliest POTD I can remember...hmmm...fuck they are all muddled...I saved a copy of the doomworld editing pages once and it had a POTD about Alien Vendetta being released...and another with DooM running on Linux running on Dreamcast...my drinking on the weekend has permanentely screwed my long term memory.

Two pieces of bread. Mayonaisse. Four saltines. When I was 7 I thought mayo sammiches were too soft, I wanted to make one crunchy. And you know what? I still eat those damn things. =)