Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Devalaous

vanilla IoS questions

Been thinking of some ways to do an IoS fight, not sure if its all doable though

1. Is it possible to have spawn cubes be invisible? Ideally I want the monsters to spawn in specific chambers, and not have cubes flying around everywhere. Can they also go through walls etc to reach the sapwn spots?

2. Multiple bossbrains. Does the level end with the death of just one, or all? I want to have sound cues that indicate certain actions "hurt" the boss, without actually hurting the actual brain.

3. The wall explosion. Is it possible to die in this? If so, does the level end anyway? Ideally I dont want the player caught in the explosion at all, but it might not be helped.

1. Of course, just replace their sprites with empty ones. And yes, the cubes will go through anything to reach the spawn spots.
2. Death of one is enough to end the level.
3. Yes, you can die from the bossbrain explosion. And yes, the level ends anyway as long as you don't press "use" (that would restart the level of course). Doomwiki should contain details on where the explosions appear exactly depending on the brain's position.

Excellent, thanks for that. I'm thinking increase the brains health so that audio cues cant kill one outright (Mionic Donut did an audio cue like this in one of his Devilution maps). The fact the the brain's pain scream is always full volume and heard anywhere will give a clear signal your doing the right thing, no matter how chaotic the situation is.

In Hadephobia MAP20 I used edited Hanging Keens to achieve something similar to what you describe. The trigger does not affect until all Keens are dead so you can use these to provide access to the boss brain itself.

I was thinking of using Keens for another part of the IoS actually. Course I'd need sprites for them, but still.

Still need to continue playing Hadephobia, such a great mapset so far. Last time I played I was at map 10 or 11 I think, an underground cavern. Brutal difficulty in that map..

Really hope there a sequel/spiritual successor some day

It sounds like you are on MAP10, I hope you continue to enjoy it. I might be up for a Hadephobia sequel next year depending on how my personal project goes.