Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meapineapple

ACS question

I'm tying to get accustomed to ACS. I want to write a script to handle doors in an airlock - a switch would close one door, play a sound, and then open the other door.

There is a delay after pressing the switch, and then the door opens. But the other door doesn't close, and no sound plays. What am I doing wrong?

Here's a wad with the airlock.

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 (int opensector, int closesector)
{
    int speed = 16;
    int wait = 100;
    door_close(closesector,speed);
    delay(wait/4);
    AmbientSound("DSBOSPIT",127);
    delay(wait/4*3);
    door_raise(opensector,speed,0);
}

"closesector" is the 2nd argument, so make sure you're actually setting the intended tag as 2nd argument, also if there aren't typos in variable name etc., otherwise I really don't know. How do you call the script, anyway, and from where?

I got it. You need to use Door_Open instead of Door_Raise, because Door_Raise with delay=0 keeps the door open forever, overriding the Door_Close function.

Also I recommend adding these two lines at the end of your script:

tagwait(closesector);
tagwait(opensector);
That will prevent undesired effects if the player triggers a switch before he should be able to. The switches will be impossible to operate until the doors fully open/close. They you won't even need those barriers in front of switches.

Hey, sorry about that. I think it was the problem but my attention got diverted so I didn't look very thoroughly. I'll check now if it's a solution. :)