Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sqrrt121

Doom builder questions

Hello I was wondering if I could make an item spawner. What I mean by this is that there is a small box with a button on it. When you push the button, it spawns an item on top. I am using vanilla Doom but tell me anyways if the method is for Zdoom ect.

you create the box, select the line you want to have the button on, go to the properties of this line and activate the "player presses use" option (also make sure to activate the option "repeatable action", so the script gets executed every time you press use). action would be "script execute". define script number you want to execute.

create a mapspot where you want to spawn the item on.

write the script that will get executed when you press use on the line. looks kinda like this:

script 1 (void)
{
spawnspot("youritemname",spotid,thingid);
}

hope this helps.

fyi, you should not use vanilla doom. zdoom is far more superior.

In vanilla you can make a box with an invisible hole in it. When you press the switch, that hole rises immediately and the item "magically" appears. That will be an one-time switch only though (not sure if you want it to be repeatable).

Yeah I want it to be repeatable. I do not know how to use ACS or DECORATE but I will try thanks!

Sqrrt121 said:

Yeah I want it to be repeatable. I do not know how to use ACS or DECORATE but I will try thanks!

you need to learn this. there's no other way around. you'll find out that it's relatively simple.

i recommend having this open all the time:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/

and if you haven't already got this, do it now, because you need this as well:

http://slade.mancubus.net/

you need this to open your .wad file and add/edit the DECORATE file.