Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

my new toy

well yesterday i finaly got my graduation gift, a new laptop. pretty sweet too. 1.3 Ghz AMD athlonXP. winXP is ok, havent had anyproblems other than some windows software would not work. anyway atleast all my games work, no not doom in DOS mode cause there is no DOS in XP.
also how to a aviod getting popups on doomworld

I want to get a laptop, but I just got this new kick ass computer so...I'll have to wait a while.

AMD makes superior desktop boards/chips, but they're not so superior when it comes to laptops.

AndrewB said:

AMD makes superior desktop boards/chips, but they're not so superior when it comes to laptops.

Uh oh....here it comes...

Yeh I think XP even on a laptop still comes with adequate DOS emulation? If not use PRBoom.

Doom and Doom2.exe run fine on XP (just turn off soundFX). It's the DOS-based ports that don't run.

I'd reccomend a Hobbit too, except that they can't jump or swim to save their life.

I never understood the relationship between hobbits and thieves. (And yes, I know Rogue is their favored class.) Is it just a size thing, or is it some Tolkein thing I never caught on to?

(And hobbits actually get a racial bonus on Jump checks that offsets their low strength.)

Lüt said:

Doom and Doom2.exe run fine on XP (just turn off soundFX). It's the DOS-based ports that don't run.

Which is why I use my trusty Windows 98.

IMJack said:

I never understood the relationship between hobbits and thieves. (And yes, I know Rogue is their favored class.) Is it just a size thing, or is it some Tolkein thing I never caught on to?

Aren't those things called Halflings in D&D? Anyhow the relationship is probably that Halflings do not really consider stealing as stealing but more as borrowing. Perhaps they do not find property rights as impressive as others. Maybe they're Anarchists? :) I'll check it with my DM.

DooMBoy said:

trusty Windows 98.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA, ROFLOL!

Right. Carry on.

Halflings are just Hobbits after TSR got sued by Chris Tolkein. It's the same damn race.

yea i have seen alot of good PDA's with linux, one had linux mandrake 7.2 on it. pretty damn good for a palm PC. but it was around $750

Sephiroth said:

yea i have seen alot of good PDA's with linux, one had linux mandrake 7.2 on it.

ewwwwwwww