Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fellowzdoomer

The Funniest moment in Doom?

Just as title says. Can be on your side or demon behavior.

For me it was when I turned on Monsters Fall Back on prboom and saw how the revenant ran back. Heh.

Demons trapping Spider Masterminds, Cyberdemons, or other high-tier enemies so they can't move and then chomping them to death.

Revenants that get mad at each other and start punching each other out.

One time I had an arch-vile kill himself with the blast radius from his attack, that was good too.

Definitely the way the Manc dies.

It's especially funny if it's because of a low tier weapon like a pistol or punches (w/o berserk). It's funny 'cause it's an over-the top death. I mean, the top of his head melts off.

You guys aren't listing funny things. You are listing AWESOME things :D

The only thing in Doom which has comedic value to me is the plot. You know, the whole thing about a single marine destroying hell and all :P

This is the funniest moment in Doom. I remember the first time seeing it, still cracks me up to this day. Watch, this will be the basis for the plot of Doom 4. The plot will revolve around the Space Marine who survived the initial Mars outbreak. The demon hordes emerged from the portal and slaughtered all the personnel and Doomguy's comrades. He managed to defeat the nightmarish hordes and returned to Earth. Upon returning he finds out that his pet rabbit was murdered by the demons. That is the last FUCKING straw which makes Doom 4 less about survival or stopping the demons in general, nope, this is about REVENGE.

Seeing the Icon of Sin for the first time. I laughed aloud in real life even.

"IT'S A FUCKING WALL"

The first time I saw a bunch of zombies literally collapsing down a staircase. I near fell off the chair.

I'm amazed no one mentioned the Pain Elementals on map09 yet. Carmack and Petersen deserve a pat on the head for those.

When an arachnotron's body slides around my maps during testing. I still have no idea why they do that but it sure is funny.

mrthejoshmon said:

When an arachnotron's body slides around my maps during testing. I still have no idea why they do that but it sure is funny.

Maybe your floors have butter on them? :-p

^+1 on this. I never saw that happen.

Berserk punching imps or zombie men off of really high ledges always makes me laugh. It's gotten to the point where I will intentionally aim towards pit falls with my fist so that I can see the monster scramble all the way to the bottom.

Also one time, I hit an imp on holyhell.wad with a bfg shot off a ledge and he flew faster than I've ever seen before and went an extraordinarily long distance. Unfortunately it collided with a wall which stopped its momentum, meaning it could have gone further. The wall had to have been at least 1024 units away from the point of impact. I've never seen a monster get blasted so far and so fast. All the other monsters just died and dropped in their current position. But the one imp zoomed across the screen, splatting against the far right wall almost instantaneously.

Telefragging monsters is also a hoot, or when an exit to a map is unexpected.

revenant punching sound, I cant take it seriously. Always reminds me of cheesy martial art movies. Revenant doing bad english voice over to japanese mouth movements would top it all.

Punching out an enemy of the more powerful sorts with one swing of a fist (non-Berserk).

I remember watching a demo for ngmvmt1.wad MAP02 where the cyber went flying down a staircase when he died from a BFG shot. Best thing I've seen in my entire life.

Telefrags - in multiplayer it depends on the folks you're playing with how much hilarity ensues.

Five Magics said:

That's possible? I've never seen that happen before.

Yeah. It's a bit rare and the RNG has to be generous to the imps fireball.

Getting bitch-slapped away by Doom enemies can happen at the funniest moments, I've been shot into death pits by this one before.. Frustrating, but pretty damn funny.

Example of what I mean by bitch-slapped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X73yT6rZI4

Good DM gib sound replacements are awesome. The first time I was gibbed in DWANGO5 made me laugh, I was surprised to hear Jim Carrey's voice in Doom.. good times.