Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Zdaemon enemy death sound customization

Hi, I'm a newbie at multiplayer stuff, I noticed that sometimes when you die in deathmatch games different funny insulting sounds pop up, can I configure the sound that I want my enemies to hear when I kill them in Zdaemon? or is just a server setting? Thanks!

Insults/taunts are the part of the zvox wads that are used on most deathmatch servers. So no, you can't just add your own sound: only the sounds from the wad will be played during the game and I believe they are chosen at random.

When you are dead, go to the start menu (you know, where it saw NEW GAME and stuff) and select player setup. There you can configure the skins and voices. You need to be dead or ready to re spawn to change the skin, not sure about voice. Go on the VOICE option and press across. Not all servers have skins or voices and you need to be dead or ready to re spawn.

Thanks guys, sorry for my delay, I went to the voice menu and yes, I could switch among different sounds, but they come with the server or whatever it is, it would be nice that the port developers add the option to customize the voice by allowing you to select it from your computer (with limitations to the length and size for the audio file off course), it's a shame because I have some funny sounds.

You could always turn off the voice/zvox stuff and create your own WAD file with the new SFX replacing the gib sounds. It's very easy to do, but you'd have to host a server with your wadfile present.

DK_EXTRA.wad is a file I created that does this, feel free to use it as a base and add your own sounds in.