Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

meapineapple said:

FDAs. I couldn't get very far at all. How the fuck does this map even work?

Run away from the Cybs until you get a bigger gun. A really big gun. :P

Not too bad. Tried it on the standard UV and died many, many times. Switched to Not Too Rough to die a bit more. Eventually got a good foothold on the outdoorsy area and secured a victory. Only had one shot with the bfg, ended up just running around the cybers at the end.

I like the skullblock motif going on, quite intriguing. Would be nice if the skull wall inserts weren't climbable but hey. I also expected the level to be longer but as it is it's a good enough short challenge.

Obsidian said:

Run away from the Cybs until you get a bigger gun. A really big gun. :P

The cyberdemons weren't the issue. Trying to kill the revenants and mancubus without any cover and without anything better at a range than the SSG was what did it for me.

meapineapple said:

The cyberdemons weren't the issue. Trying to kill the revenants and mancubus without any cover and without anything better at a range than the SSG was what did it for me.

Ah, right. It is one of the trickier aspects, I suppose.

@Plums You can grab extra BFG ammo in the blue key corridor right after you open the door.

Memfis said:

The music sounds familiar, where is it from?

Asylum of the Wretched: I wanted a melancholy MIDI for this one.

Obsidian said:

@Plums You can grab extra BFG ammo in the blue key corridor right after you open the door.

Who? I ain't said nuthin'!

Anyhow there's a bit of tutti-frutti on the skull pillar at the start, and some slime trails. Didn't get very far yet, will try again shortly...

plums said:

Who? I ain't said nuthin'!

Oops, kind of got ya mixed up with Inkie by the looks of it. *Whacks self in head*

I noticed the glitchery at the start, but if I'm honest I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

Yeah, it's caused by the offsets on the lower and upper textures. Even though the texture isn't actually tiling, having an offset on a < 128px high texture causes problems, because the engine is still trying to seek past the top of the texture. It's on the top cube too, but it's so high up that it's hard to see even with mouselook* and impossible without, though you can noclip onto the stone to get a good look.

(* if there was a port with mouselook that still shows the tutti-frutti bug, anyhow)

You could make four cubes, and have two superimposed on the other two (or just really close together if you prefer that). Or you could make a new 128 px high texture from the existing patches, and use that for the top & bottom cubes. e: or keep it to 3 cubes high. Or don't do anything and use this knowledge for next time.

As for slime trails: "shift a few vertices and hope they go away" seems to be the usual solution.

new edit: I beat it, no demo but you probably wouldn't watch it anyhow ;). Got a bit lucky with the revenants after a few tries, infighting took them out and the mancubus too. Fun map, liked the look of the graveyard area a lot.