Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

Grezzo 2

This post would probably have been best off in the confessional booth thread but other than that I enjoy shit like Gamarra, no big deal.

Grezzo 2 should have gotten a Cacoward in 2012. I say this with complete honesty. Out of all the 'totally stolen bullshit shoved into one package because creativity is hard' mapsets, Grezzo 2 is the only one that's actually fun.

Tarnsman said:

Grezzo 2 should have gotten a Cacoward in 2012. I say this with complete honesty. Out of all the 'totally stolen bullshit shoved into one package because creativity is hard' mapsets, Grezzo 2 is the only one that's actually fun.

I totally agree. At least it was mentioned. Does anyone know if Grezzo 3 is in development or what the author is working on right now?

Tarnsman said:

Grezzo 2 should have gotten a Cacoward in 2012. I say this with complete honesty.

Eh, it's pulp&edgy to say it like you mean it in a thread like this or in some sort of "5 wads they don't want you to like" Cracked-style article, but an actual Cacoward? That wouldn't fly at all, especially with the new committee format. There's a collective consience going on that checks for sanity even where a single man could've succumbed to his own whims and fascinations.

I'd have mentally disqualified it (and probably did, thinking back on it) from a proper Cacoward for the fact that it rips off an obscene amount of work without any credit, but gourddamn did it deserve some sort of mention.

In fairness, though, at least 33% of the reason it showed up is because I wanted to use the headline "WHAT THE POPE?" somewhere.

dew said:

Eh, it's pulp&edgy to say it like you mean it in a thread like this or in some sort of "5 wads they don't want you to like" Cracked-style article, but an actual Cacoward? That wouldn't fly at all, especially with the new committee format. There's a collective consience going on that checks for sanity even where a single man could've succumbed to his own whims and fascinations.

No I, in 100% complete seriousness, would have given it a Cacoward. Fuck the police. There comes a time when fun overrides anything else and Grezzo2 will go down with Skepland as one of the most egregious snubs to ever exist. DAMN YOU ALL!

I think non Italian users miss 99% of the fun with Grezzo 2: being Italian I consider grezzo 2 the most trash thing (in a good way)ever done. All characters in the game represent the scum that our television shovel down our throat everyday, so you will find tv characters and some politicians. The dialogs aren't even in italian language, but a dialect from Umbria (a region in the center of Italy). A friend of mine went to the release party of Grezzo 2 and met the author himself: a very insane guy (of course!) but with a real passion for Doom. Anyway long live Grezzo 2!

DoomQuaker said:

A friend of mine went to the release party of Grezzo 2 and met the author himself: a very insane guy (of course!) but with a real passion for Doom.

[18:08] <I_AM_A_XASER> we need details
[18:08] <I_AM_A_XASER> because this has to be a fantastical story
[18:08] <I_AM_A_XASER> even if it's just about how nuts the author is

[context: i am a Xaser]

For the people who don't know why there is no Grezzo 1 is because it made in a foreign language and the original name for that language was "Grezzo Due".

Xaser said:

[18:08] <I_AM_A_XASER> we need details
[18:08] <I_AM_A_XASER> because this has to be a fantastical story
[18:08] <I_AM_A_XASER> even if it's just about how nuts the author is

[context: i am a Xaser]

If I have permission from both my friend and the author, I'll post even pics of that insane evening. Unfortunately I was not present :(

Maybe I'm just over thinking this. But perhaps "due" means "shit", like taking a number 2. Grezzo means coarse in Italian; maybe the title means "Coarse Shit".

Personally, I think the WAD is hilarious.

DoomQuaker said:

If I have permission from both my friend and the author, I'll post even pics of that insane evening.

I'd like to see that.

Mr. Chris said:

So is this available for download or something?

Last time i've seen yes, there's a torrent file with latest updates on it's official facebook page...

It's called Grezzo 2 because Grezzo 1 existed, but not released, was nothing more than a total conversion, it replaced monsters and sounds and no more. It was created in 2004. Anyway the best translation for grezzo is "brute"