Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmnpsrsoskl

Inserting Scripts Into Wads

Just how do I do it, and how do I access the script writer thing in Wad Author, can't see to find it.

Need to know because I have only started looking at using scripts in my project, cause it would be about ten times better...and because I finally got ZDoom to run on my PC...ZDoom rules!

/me breaks out protective gear and prepares for war.

There are several tools for compiling scripts and putting them into wads. DeePsea and WadAuthor can compile and insert the scripts, other tools like XWE and Wintex need you to compile with acc.exe first, then insert the resulting behavior lump.

In WadAuthor, you right click the mouse on an area outside of the map and you'll see the "scripts" selection. That will bring up an editing window that looks like notepad. After you have written the scripts, hit the "compile" button. If all goes well, it will say so. Then, hitting the OK button will save the compiled script into the wad (name will be behavior) and will save the text script into the wad (name will be scripts). Save the entire wad after that.

It's important that you get the latest acc.exe and related files, and put them into your WadAuthor directory, overwriting whatever's there. Get acc version 1.21 from zdoom.notgod.com/ftp

Thanks.

Yeah about five minutes after I posted that I found that out...stupid me.

Anyways, yeah I need to get zcommon.acs as well...is this available on the ZDoom website?

Thanks, yeah because I already had acc.exe with Wad Author, I never thought about downloading that. Thanks again.