Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

crediting the whole world

let's say I took some textures from a bunch of wads that allow that but ask for credit
of course I don't remember the names of these wads\authors
so I just write smth like "thanks to everyone and everything in this world for making the textures"
good?

good. yes. great.

EDIT: or if you still have the wads with the textures, look up the wad on the internet to find the author.

EDIT 2: or i cant read the main post.

Hey Memfis, I took a bunch of your maps which you spent a year making and selling it as an iphone app, but don't worry I gave credit to "teh internets".

Memfis said:

good?

no

If you took textures from a wad, how do you not remember the wad?

How do you know the author gives permission to reuse if you can't even remember the wad?

Be fair, and polite, and spend a little time searching, so you can give the proper credit.

I consider my maps public domain or whatever it is called, basically I'm ok with people doing whatever they want with them.

I don't remember the wads because I literally went through hundreds of wads picking textures that I liked. But I skipped the ones that didn't allow reusing.

I think I was sleepy when I made this thread yesterday kind of as a joke. For some reason everything is funnier when I'm sleepy lol.

I'm okay with someone chopping my dick off so that entitles me to be allowed to castrate other people since they probably don't need it for the same reasons I don't need mine.

TimeOfDeath said:

If you took textures from a wad, how do you not remember the wad?

Very easily if you have taken a few textures from a large number of WADs, not paid much attention where they came from, perhaps kept the extracted textures in a general resources folder with other textures and perhaps done any of these things over a long period of time; perhaps years.

It doesn't help that Doom's way of handling custom textures is pretty cumbersome. It would be really cool if there were a map editor that could take textures from wherever - image files, other maps, texture packs - and compile them into the wad with the necessary TEXTUREx/PATCHES lumps on the fly.