Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

years too late

People, stop taking every word of the Bible literally!!! It annoys me to no end when people say stupid things like how the Earth was created in 7 days. Good gosh, people, hasn't anyone heard of symbolism? The stories in the Bible were never meant to be taken for fact, they were just parables, with a moral lesson at the end, similar to Aesop's fables. Nobody ever said we have to always interpret the Bible literally. So please, quit this Bible-religion bashing, and get on with your lives. Sorry I was so blunt and harsh about it, but I'm just getting fed up with all of it.

I'm not bashing the bible itself or taking it literally, i'm bashing christians who do take the bible literally, and i've met a lot of them.

There's a difference between being devout and being zealous.

There's a difference between having trust in your faith and feeling the Naziesque urge to make sure that everyone is just like you.

The thing I don't like about prehistoric history (dinosaur era) and Darwinism is that none of the dates are correct. ALL of the dates that exist have not been reached through solid scientific evidence they've been reached through guesswork.

Whenever they discovered a major new breed of dinosaur or whathaveyou a lot of the other dates of existence were just jumped and shuffled. What happens in ten years when they make another huge discovery and realize all of their previous dates were either 10 million years too early or 10 million years too late? It has happened before and it will happen again.

The thing that bugs me about Darwinism is that for the theory to work there would be thousands of thousands of intermediary creatures, so-called 'missing links'. A missing link between monkey and man, a missing link between dinosaur and bird (the archeopteryx was a hoax but I do believe that dinosaurs became birds), a missing link between this crab and lobsters of today, this that and the other one. Thousands. Not one missing link has ever been found. Not one.

Evolution is true but I don't believe that it shapes creatures as dramatically as we are taught. I believe in more of a spontaneous creation. They say thousands of new species are discovered every day and thousands die out every day. There are hundreds of individual theories between creationism and darwinism... one of the middle ones is probably as right as we can get at this stage.

I can be a Christian but I don't have to feel guilty or pompous all the time. Shit fuck piss cunt cocksuckin' motherfuckin' asshole bitch fag whore. Yipee.

Here's a good quote:
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me." - Emo Phillips

You know, sometimes it's not religion, it's culture. And about the church and politics...no shit ,the church dominated the known world pretty much until Henry VIII came along. You proved 'em wrong, and they proved how well a human could be used for kindling, or worse. And the Jews are led by the Synagogue, more or less. And about Buddhists...I'd say they're a culture as much as a religion. Also, Arabic Suni Moslem culture is supposed to be a peaceloving one as well. My step-dad delved into it, and he found it to be on a similar intellectual level as buddhism. But hey, the church has no power these days. Even if they threatened to burn me alive, I'd still not believe in god. And about humans being the most violent species...that is partially true. We're the dominant species, but there are many other animals that are as violent as us. For instance, male lions (they cannibalise the young so they can rail the females), Hyenas, warm-bodied predatory sharks (White Sharks, Blue Sharks, Mako Sharks, Bull Sharks, White and Black Tips, and Lemon Sharks are among the most vicious), as well as Wolverines and Polar Bears, which are not afraid of humans, and will stalk them. But, consider this. Could we be where we are on the foodchain if we were not as violent as we are?

And about humans being the most violent species...that is partially true. We're the dominant species, but there are many other animals that are as violent as us. For instance, male lions (they cannibalise the young so they can rail the females), Hyenas, warm-bodied predatory sharks (White Sharks, Blue Sharks, Mako Sharks, Bull Sharks, White and Black Tips, and Lemon Sharks are among the most vicious), as well as Wolverines and Polar Bears, which are not afraid of humans, and will stalk them.

All those animals you mentioned, they don't kill each other just for the fun of it.

We do.

ok this a major bunch of hypocracy. if any one of you has ever been to a church u could say .... thats mind controll. if u havnt noticed something strange about the songs....so bland and chanty. fucking wierd. and about the code for making you want more doom u wanna know what that is. its the humans natural love for violence...theres ur code. i find doom a great thing. stress reliever and just all out happyness for the however long ur playing it. whats so bad about that. to tell u the truth, if we all lived like the way the so called christians wanted us to wed be eatin in seconds. heres how i see it if theres a god why in the good name of dirt would he give a rats ass about what we do or how we live. im sure he has more important things to do. and i dont see what the christians prob with doom is...ur killing HELL N SHTUFF. they should be nuttin in theyre pants. christians (not all...just the real fucking serious ones who bash gays and stuff when they really should just live theyre fucking life) are half retarded. they tell u sex before marriage is a sin...when theyre gittin head after church from a prostitute with a hairy back named bobetta. just ignore theyre bull shit

I saw this really interesting program on the Discovery Channel about hoaxes and big ones. There was a twenty minute segment on the Archeopteryx.

The guy that made it was a poor liar with a bad history and would've done anything to draw attention to the quarry.

Then they showed some bits of evidence such as skeletal failures in the shape of the fossil.

They they showed a guy MAKE an archeopteryx fossil in about TEN MINUTES, and it looked exactly like the original one that was found.

Besides, when you're sheeting off layers of rock in a quarry what are the odds that even if there was a fossil inside it would be perfectly visible on the first cut?