Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Desiderata

The Desiderata should be what people think of 1st before getting into an argument here :)

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble, it's a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantement, it is as perrenial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be. And whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Nah, fodders is the re-incarnation of Ghandi. :)

I don't recall fod fasting to stop flamewars. =P

orion said:

I don't recall fod fasting to stop flamewars. =P

Sometimes I can go 3 hours without eating, thank you

fodders said:

Sometimes I can go 3 hours without eating, thank you

Nice, I just wish I could go 3 hours without shitting five pounds of warm chunky pudding.

Yeah now if I only didn't have a full time job and have to drive through a speed trap every night maybe I could have a few drinks before heading down to Lockheed.

Cops there will pull you over for doing 1 under the limit and arrest you at gunpoint for conspiracy to speed.

deadnail: Too much information.
Lüt: Don't encourage him.
fod: Don'tcha just hate it when you post some deep philosophical treatise and deady comes along with tales of his potty problems in response? Jesus.

DOGMA

All we want is a headrush
All we want is to get out of our skin for a while
We have nothing to lose because we don't have anything
Anything we want anyway...

We used to hate people
Now we just make fun of them
It's more effective that way

We don't live
We just scratch on day to day
With nothing but matchbooks and
Sarcasm in our pockets
And all we are waiting for
Is for something worth waiting for

Let's admit america gets the celebrities we deserve
Let's stop saying "Don't quote me"
Because if no one quotes you
You probably haven't said a thing worth saying

We need something to kill the pain
Of all that nothing inside
We all just want to die a little bit
We fear that pop-culture
Is the only culture we're ever going to have

We want to stop reading magazines
Stop watching TV
Stop caring about hollywood
But we're addicted to the things we hate

We don't run washington and no one really does
Ask not what you can do for your country
Ask what your country did to you
The only reason you're still alive is because someone
Has decided to let you live

We owe so much money we're not broke we're broken
We're so poor we can't even pay attention

So what do you want
You want to be famous and rich and happy
But you're terrified you have nothing to offer this world
Nothing to say and no way to say it
But you can say it in three languages

You are more than the sum of what you consume
Desire is not an occupation
You are alternately thrilled and desperate
Skyhigh and fucked

Let's stop praying for someone
To save us and start saving ourselves
Let's stop this and start over
Let's go out - Let's keep going
This is your life - This is your fucking life

We need something to kill
The pain of all that nothing inside
Quit whining you haven't done
Anything wrong because frankly
You haven't done much of anything

Someone's writing down your mistakes
Someone's documenting your downfall
------------------------------------------
It's funny because its true.

If you want it on mp3, just go to Audiogalaxy and search for 'KMFDM'. It should be on the first page.

fodders said:

deadnail is a vexation to my spirit
But he too, has his story

Hey I'm just sayin' you can't achieve nirvana when your ass isn't in perfect working order. Sure you can be at one with the whole world and not only know the truth of the universe, but accepted it and you'll still be crying when you drop a gallon of stomach acid.

deadnail said:

Hey I'm just sayin' you can't achieve nirvana when your ass isn't in perfect working order. Sure you can be at one with the whole world and not only know the truth of the universe, but accepted it and you'll still be crying when you drop a gallon of stomach acid.

Please...I'm eating breakfast right now ;)

Fodders,

Thanks for the link to the mp3. Rather oddly, I had actually been looking for a recorded version of it. DL'ing right now...

deadnail said:

Hey I'm just sayin' you can't achieve nirvana when your ass isn't in perfect working order.

Possibly the quote of the century there folks. :-)

DooMBoy said:

Nah, fodders is the re-incarnation of Ghandi. :)

Ghandi? Buddha?
Ghandi + Buddha = Guddha = Gouda = CHEESE!

Of course. Cheese solves everything.

But doesn't this make fodders an old lump of cheese then?

Q: ...and what is reality then?

A: Reality is a thin fog of the Brahhma's dream. All humanbeings live in the dream of the Sweetest Absolut. To learn that mean to learn the trancendental existance of Brahhma. You can learn more about that from Vedanta.

Q: And what is B. dream?

A: Thats the Brahhma's explicatoin, the full achivement of the space and time. Thats neverending game with its parts - jivah's (souls). Some of the jivah's can find and achive the light of the Sweetest Absolut. You can learn more about that from Vedanta.

Q: And what is beyond B. dream?

A: There lies Atman of Brahhma. Thats the implicit existanse of the God. It connects all the jivah's, which are actually parts of Atman. They can find the way to Great Atman finding their present state of existanse just a dream of God. You know that you can learn that from Vedanta.

Q: And what is beyand the A. then?

A: Ahh, woman, you'll loose your head trying to understood the Divine Spheares without taking a deep look inside yourself!!! Ahh, stupid woman...

* thats a part of one of the hindu commentary texts. i wrote it as i remembered it.

Finally Fodders posted something I already knew! Hey Fodders, how big is your head anyway? ;)

Fodders: Pepto....mmmmmmm, minty :)

Hell, sometimes I'm stoned enough to just drink it even when my stomach is feeling good.

wasted said:

Cheese is a Sweetest Absolut itself!!!

A trippy absolute. Eye tripping disease.

Weedster said:

Fodders: Pepto....mmmmmmm, minty :)

Hell, sometimes I'm stoned enough to just drink it even when my stomach is feeling good.

well, gobble down pepto and all you get is a good taste, gobble down a whole bottle of robatusin and you get fucked up! =]

Merv was in a terrible accident at work. He fell through a floor tile and ripped off both of his ears. Since he was permanently disfigured, he settled with the company for a rather large sum of money and went on his way.

One day, Merv decided to invest his money in a small, but growing telecom business called Plexus Communications. After weeks of negotiations, he bought the company outright. But, after signing on the dotted line he realized that he knew nothing about running such a business and quickly set out to hire someone who could do that for him.

The next day he had set up three interviews. The first guy was great. He knew everything he needed to and was very interesting. At the end of the interview, Merv asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?" And the gentleman answered, "Why yes, I couldn't help but notice you have no ears."

Merv got very angry and threw him out.

The second interview was with a woman, and she was even better than the first guy. He asked her the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?" and she replied: "Well, you have no ears."

Merv again was upset and tossed her out.

The third and last interview was the best of all three. It was with a very young man who was fresh out of college. He was smart. He was handsome and he seemed to be a better businessman than the first two put together.

Merv was anxious, but went ahead and asked the young man the same question: "Do you notice anything different about me?" And to his surprise, the young man answered: "Yes. You wear contact lenses."

Merv was shocked, and said, "What an incredibly observant young man. How in the world did you know that?"

The young man fell off his chair laughing hysterically and replied,
"Well, it's pretty damn hard to wear glasses with no fucking ears!"