Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Papissama

Aggregate of FAVORITE all-time games lists

Papissama said:

Let's judge the list of whoever has the last post

I'm glad you didn't start with the post before you.

Now that this thread has resurfaced to remind me favslist exists... I have gone through and made some more lists and people are pretty wrong about some of the game genres. Like MK Shaolin Monks is a 2D beat'em up and Gauntlet for NES is a 3D beat'em up. Top down yes.

You could spend a lifetime updating stuff.

Papissama said:

No one can like it.

Jeez, if you say so :(

Doom is the best game ever, that's an indisputable fact right there.

Edit: "Top" lists for arts have always seemed so odd to me, other than charts that show pure sales figures / dollars made. You get a bunch of people flying their opinion around like it's fact (something I have never done, perish the thought!) and it's always based on fad trends rather than real "all time" numbers.

The only thing OK about this list is that Melee has a higher rank than Brawl. Oot is overrated and a bunch of these "top" games are generic poo.

I'd love a government survey about video games that asked like, over a million people, and by decade, too. That'd be the only case where it was the "real deal" of video game lovin' put into chart form.

I've love a video game section on a mandatory long-form census. I'd also like the long-form stuff to be mandatory for every household everywhere. Statistics are far more important than people's hope that Big Brother might be avoided.

On the other hand, I think sites with these kinds of lists are a complete waste of time. They would still be basically useless even if the people participating tended to know anything about the genres of their games.

Digging through... somehow Hydrophobia is survival horror?

Yeah I'm with you Aliotroph, these things are useless brain candy I need to stop visiting.

Awesome! The list has just reached a 1,000 participants with Mass Effect 2 in the lead.
Curious to see what happens months from now with it reaches 5,000 people.

Papissama said:

You can add your own games if they're missing.
http://www.favslist.com/pages/add

Yeah that's the problem I'd spend all day doing it or I can make my own favslist knockoff with the same amount of time. Either way I just don't want to put in the work.

reality 2.0 said:

>skyrim is 2nd most popular game
casuals detected.

lol whats funny and sad at the same time is that I sometimes see people calling Daggerfall or Morrowind an "indie" Skyrim ripoff.

Doominator2 said:

lol whats funny and sad at the same time is that I sometimes see people calling Daggerfall or Morrowind an "indie" Skyrim ripoff.

I don't get why it's so hard for people to spend a total of 3 seconds google checking themselves. Maybe they think that Elderscrolls took the Star Wars approach and started the series midway through..

Doominator2 said:

I remember people calling Morrowind a Lord of the Rings rip off.

geo said:

Yeah that's the problem I'd spend all day doing it or I can make my own favslist knockoff with the same amount of time. Either way I just don't want to put in the work.

Which games are missing that you want to rank?