Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tylerisepic1

Simcity (2013) is now finally offline.

I'm still fairly baffled as to why a game that has for the most part always been about being a Singleplayer game needed an Internet Connection to even play Singleplayer.

The one game I still wish would go offline is Diablo 3 in a similar way as Diablo 2. :P

I personally dont have problems playing singleplayer games with continuos online but principally asking gamers to have online mode is douchebag move from game developers because there are people still who play without internet connection

They've already soured the audience, and I'm sure plenty of people (myself included) won't buy it on principle.

Unfortunately, that probably won't be the message EA takes to heart. More likely they'll say, "We gave them offline mode, and sales sucked! Clearly we had it right the first time! DERP HARDER"

Sim City 2013 = Cities XL.

Someone played Cities XL multi player (there is a single player) and thought fuck yeah that should be 100% of the game. We should have unskilled and skilled workers like Cities XL, we should require Sims to actually run things and not just have them mysteriously run themselves like old school Sim City.

I know quite a few people on my Facebook that were pissed when Sim City 2013 came out, EA discontinued Sim City's Facebook / Mobile game thus destroying years of people's work. Years and actual money devoted.

I wasn't sure if the new South Park game would run on my computer (XP SP2), or if it had Orwellian DRM, so I pirated it.

After finishing the game, and learning that it has no DRM or online requirement at all, I went and purchased the game disc on principle.