Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Most annoying monsters in doom?

I don't find any enemy particularly annoying. I only tend to get a bit annoyed when I get stuck on something or sometimes get cornered and my attempts to free myself fail and I end up getting killed.

But that's not to say there aren't any enemies I don't like, I'm not big on the Demon....just don't like the way he looks and the fact that they re use him a couple of times for spectres I found a bit lame. Otherwise he is an easily dealt with enemy.

I'm also not much of a fan of the hell knight either....a Baron with half health. Perhaps they could have given him a new thing to throw at you and re designed him a little bit..you know like a Baron but with new legs, or spikes, or a slightly different head or something....

I think the main reason they made the Hell Knight is so they could throw more of them at you, but be less tedious. Barons and Knights are stupidly easy to dodge/take down 90% of the time, they're just a sponge for Ammo.

The Barons at the end of E1 were amazing back in the day, but they're just painfully useless unless they're in a very small room or come in huge hordes - thus the invention of the hell knight. (That's my theory, at least.)

Sounds like a good idea!

Even so, I wish that they would have finessed up their look a little bit other than a colour change, I like visual variety for enemies and whatnot