Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

YouTube problem

For some reason, for the past couple days, whenever I try to comment on a video on YouTube, a Google box pops up and disappears. This also happens if I try to like or dislike a video or comment. If I click on the Google box nothing happens. As of a couple days ago this wasn't happening, and then of a sudden it was.
Any ideas about this? Has this happened to anyone else? If it matters I'm using Google Chrome as my default browser. I'm the sort of guy who likes commenting on YouTube videos and this is beginning to piss me off.

It's probably.

1: You have malware/virus.

2: You don't have a Google+ account.

3: Google+ is a buggy mess.

4: You have a Google+ account but no Youtube account.

5: Google Chrome is killing itself.

6: Google+ randomly signs you out of your account and you need to sign in again.

7: Google wanting your phone number. Tell em to get fucked.

8: On site bug.

9: Something not on this list.

10: All of the above.

Seriously I never had it happen to me, do you mind posting a screenshot of it?

mrthejoshmon said:

It's probably.
7: Google wanting your phone number. Tell em to get fucked.

I hate it when the ask me that. How will it help protect me!?

Doominator2 said:

I hate it when the ask me that. How will it help protect me!?

So they can text you a security code to help recover your account if it is stolen.

My accounts shit, why would anybody steal it?

mrthejoshmon said:

So they can text you a security code to help recover your account if it is stolen.

It's actually two pass security, so on top of your password, they will also send you an automated authentication code to your phone. It's part of your Google account (not just YouTube) so it's intended to protect more important things, like your emails or credit account.

My bank's nearly as anal when it comes to online access, though they manage to do two pass security without a phone number.

GreyGhost said:

My bank's nearly as anal when it comes to online access, though they manage to do two pass security without a phone number.

Apparently, your bank doesn't care about you enough to bother with tracking your movement. How can you trust a corporation's competence when it doesn't even want to own your entire life?

I'm in the happy position of not owing them money, so my whereabouts shouldn't be of any great concern. ;)

It is all because FB got ousted for trying to hire an ad company to run a smear campaign against Google. Then Google thought, fuck FB, we can do it better. Now everything is tied in with Google+. Microsoft's anti Google campaign isn't doing anything.