Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

Maps using 667 bestiary

There's a huge list of exciting-looking monsters over on realm667, some brand new, some remixes of the old classics. Anyone know of good maps that have been made using this bestiary?

I've downloaded a bunch and tested quite a few these, and I can get about 50% of them to work in a testmap without any problem (e.g. SuperShotgunZombie). The other half don't show up in Dooombuilder as placeable things (e.g. BFGCommando), for reasons beyond my understanding...

Soundblock said:

The other half don't show up in Dooombuilder as placeable things (e.g. BFGCommando), for reasons beyond my understanding...

They do not have an editor number given because it's assumed people will give them a number appropriate to their needs (so if a monster's editor number conflicts with something else, it's the modder's own fault, not the resource's).

You can give them an editor number by editing the very first line of their DECORATE code; replace:

Actor Something
{
 blah blah code
}
by
Actor Something 1337
{
 blah blah code
}
Use whatever value you want instead of 1337.

See this for more info.

Realm 667 should actually have some cool projects that uses custom monsters. There's also PsychoPhobia (slight shameless self promotion as I made the music for that).

Personally I pick the odd monster and convert it to DeHackEd to use in my own projects. I'm funny like that.

Flesh420 said:

I'm a selfish asshole yearning for recognition ;). But seriously, I made this without going overboard on any of the Bestiary monsters. Check it out:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/se.zip

Also everything I added shows up in DB.

going to check this out. there are some good monsters on r667 that fit the style of the originals, but mappers seem to use these resource sparingly.

Gez said:

They do not have an editor number given because it's assumed people will give them a number appropriate to their needs (so if a monster's editor number conflicts with something else, it's the modder's own fault, not the resource's).

You can give them an editor number by editing the very first line of their DECORATE code; replace:

Actor Something
{
 blah blah code
}
by
Actor Something 1337
{
 blah blah code
}
Use whatever value you want instead of 1337.

See this for more info.

PRO grammar!

I've had a bosh at doing a map using some of the stuff from realm667

http://sdrv.ms/QnkSyG

Navigate to the Manic Miner folder and download the main wad in there. Its a large wad file as it needs a massive clean up - which I'll done when I'm done with the other levels. The map you want should be set as MAP01 but you might need to skip to MAP05. You'll know your on the correct map as start off going up on a lift!

Dave

Top of that list: Baby Cacodemon.

Now we just need a Cacodemon enemy that spits out fireballs and Baby Cacodemons alternatively. Also I'd love to play more Doom wads with custom monsters.

Suitepee said:

Now we just need a Cacodemon enemy that spits out fireballs and Baby Cacodemons alternatively.

Fractal Doom does this, sort of, though the baby cacos aren't from Realm 667. But if you like smaller cacodemons, that mod is sure to give you a lot of them.

there's an enemy from the OMG Weapons and Monsters wad called a caco elemental which spits out baby cacos, also not Realm667.

on topic: Zpack uses a ton of Realm667 monsters, even as bosses/sub-bosses.

Hanging Gardens used two monsters
I don't remember how many Masters of Chaos used; it's a lot, though the PWAD is for Heretic
Tormentor pimps out the bestiary in his projects. The refinery is the only solo of his I've played, it abuses the various zombies tho

In addition to the aforementioned

Demon Eclipse is the origin of several Bestiary monsters.
Eternal Doom 4: Return from Oblivion uses several monsters from the Monster Resource Pack which would eventually turn into the Bestiary.
The Ultimate Torment and Torture is another Torm superproduction
Stronghold: on the Edge of Chaos is a Torm blockbuster
Technophobia Overdose wasn't bad for a "my first ZDoom map" project
Awakening is worth a try, but you need to play in UV to see the new monsters
Raven Crypt

Stuff I haven't played, so I am not vouching about their quality, but that seem to contain Bestiary monsters:
Simplistic Evil
Undesired Reality
Hell Legacy
f.infer2
doom castle
Resurrection of DOOM2
Alkylation Episode 1
Dungeon 13
Discovering the Hell: The Invasion
The Chamber Of Damnation
DTS-T
Firetop Mountain version 2
Bossed

i like this post ^^

i'm quite a fan of a massive enemy roster, at least if it fits the maps's theme, and would have liked to see a few more creatures added in final doom when it came out
(little did i know that id was knee deep in quake at that time)

Gez said:

Can those maps get removed from idgames? There's a lot of resources that I did not credited correctly, and even if I could fix that I don't feel that I want to reupload these maps again until a long time