Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hekksy

Odamex 0.7.0 Released

The latest version of Odamex is now 0.7.0. Notable improvements for this version include a new 32-bit "truecolor" renderer (screenshots), a new announcer, vast improvements to Odalauncher, and so much more! Odamex has always been able to run on many platforms, and now 32-bit and 64-bit binaries are available for improved speed on 64-bit Windows. The Windows installer will automatically install the right package for your version of Windows. Of course, zip packages are available as well.

Looking for people to play multiplayer with? Join #odamex now and ask for a game.

Looks like it crushes on spectres. Tried different wads and got crash every time I met spectres.
64-bit version, using 32-bit renderer.

Nice!!! Glad lots of wad loading crashes were fixed. They were really bugging me.

Archi said:

Looks like it crushes on spectres. Tried different wads and got crash every time I met spectres.
64-bit version, using 32-bit renderer.

Works for me with same settings. r4707 64-bit 1920x1080 widescreen 32bpp fullscreen

EDIT: Actually I was able to get a crash when I turned on double horizonal and vertical mode. Does it still happen if you turn it back to normal?

http://imgur.com/BbtlWAR

@memfis, as much as the team would absolutely love survival mode, there simply is not enough man power to get it properly implemented at this time. It is a desired feature, however.

I have to use the 32-bit Windows version, the 64-bit client runs in the background for a short time, then closes. The hotfix currently on the homepage doesn't change this behavior.

AMD Athlon X2 5600
Windows 7 x64

Memfis said:

Add survival mode!

What Vulture says- actually, nope. drsean doesn't want to do it himself, because he's way too busy with critical core functionality like improving the renderer and unlagged and pretty much everything. And everyone else is useless and just can't do it right. That's about it, otherwise survival would be done already. It's THE most popular game mode in the past YEARS, so uhh.

Otherwise, congratulations to the Oda team to a sweet milestone! Looking forward to testing this baby!

Dragonsbrethren said:

I have to use the 32-bit Windows version, the 64-bit client runs in the background for a short time, then closes. The hotfix currently on the homepage doesn't change this behavior.

AMD Athlon X2 5600
Windows 7 x64

Odd. Have you tried restarting your PC?