Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

My novice nonsense strikes again! Console TC edits...

Okay. I got it into my head that I was going to download multiple console TCs and try to combine the best parts of each. The problem? I have no idea where to look for anything!

I'd like to sub in the effects from JagDoom for the invulnerability, the radiation suit and the berserk pack--specifically, the way they tint the screen when you get them. It was a lot easier on the eyes in JagDoom than in any other port. So where is this kind of information stored in the TC's wad file? Where is it in the PSX TC wad file?

I guess I should add--I'm not planning to distribute this. Clearly, with this being a combination of the work of others, that would be wrong.

I'm not familiar with the JagDoom TC, so I don't know. The PSX TC is for ZDoom, so this information will be found in the TC's DECORATE code.

Open it up in SLADE and poke around in its innards. Read the wiki documentation when you aren't sure how something works.

Thanks, Gez. I did figure it out. Now I'm determining what else to add to this. It's funny when you discover just how different all the ports really are. Playing the PSX stages with their darkness and echo effects, and the new sounds, and then throwing in the 3DO music--it seems pretty tacky. But we'll see what happens when I sub in some Jag textures. The N64 sprites fit in okay.