Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheStiCat

MIDI Extractor

does anyone know a good program to export the MIDIs from PWADs so I can use XWE to add them to mine. I tried using DeepSea to import something from REQMUS.WAD into mine but i got Doom2's MAP01 MIDI instead. I would greatly appreciate any knowledge anyone might have, as this is getting frustrating. Thanks everyone!

XWE should be dropped nonetheless.

With SLADE 3 you can open several archives at once and copy/paste between them without having to export and import.

At least XWE doesn't have annoying people bashing its competitors in every second post, a neat feature.

Slade does sound a bit faster for that, but you can also copy/paste lumps in XWE (copy lumps, close file and open new file, paste lumps).

Shadow Hog said:

Drop XWE and use SLADE to copy the music lump directly from their PWAD to your PWAD.

Is SLADE easy to use? Because DeepSea is very confusing and the help menu gives me nothing at all.

TheStiCat said:

Is SLADE easy to use? Because DeepSea is very confusing and the help menu gives me nothing at all.

It's pretty simple IMO. You can take a look at the interface here. If you open several archives, each will be in its own tab. You have a list of entries on the left, and a preview/editing area on the right which shows you the content of the selected entry. You can use the usual shortcuts on the entry list (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-X to copy/paste/cut, up arrow, down arrow, page up, page down, home, end to move the selection, shift and ctrl to select several lumps at once, etc.).

There's also a wiki on GitHub for documentation, though it's not complete yet.