Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So when will the wad be released because I only have the pre-released version of it (I kept checking the webpage and the released version still has not come out yet, I am not trying to rush the project or anything, I just wanted to know)?

Well the thread on it is here. There are still some bugs to be ironed out, as well as a few fixes to be made it seems. Ribbiks posted an update not too long ago (on page 18) on things that he was working on fixing. It also looks like a proper map 30 doesn't yet exist either.

I can poop out a map 30, should I? Or one of my maps that doesn't have teleports and thus no map 30 telefrags (like I think the rocket 'break out' one w/ cyber in middle & infighting has no warping monsters).

SFoZ911 said:

Enjoy the pre-released version as much as you can sir.

I just did. I went through the maps and it appears that the monster count has been trimmed compared to the first 2 slaughterfest wads (2011 had a map with 16,000 monsters, 2012 had a map with 10,000 monsters, and this one only has a map with 6,000 monsters).

gggmork said:

I can poop out a map 30, should I? Or one of my maps that doesn't have teleports and thus no map 30 telefrags (like I think the rocket 'break out' one w/ cyber in middle & infighting has no warping monsters).

When I tried the map, there wasn't a key to some doors and the map ended up not being beatable.

You mean the map in slot 30? Probably not my map if so, I was just saying I could make a map for slot 30 or move one of my existing maps there. But all the slaughterfest mappers got together and agreed that a mordeth award would be better than having annoying maps released to play in the present. So we will not be releasing sf2013 until the year 4013. Extrapolating on current trends, society is guaranteed to continue to devolve, so doom will still be the best game in that time, though it could be that everyone will be to dumb to play it by then. Since we're all a bunch of pathetic basement dwellers who will leave no human offspring, the mordeth award will be given to the great great great... grandkittens of one of our cats... who will probably be indifferent to receiving it. But still, making future progeny of a species we don't even belong to indifferent is the best we can hope to accomplish and more than we deserve.

gggmork said:

You mean the map in slot 30? Probably not my map if so, I was just saying I could make a map for slot 30 or move one of my existing maps there. But all the slaughterfest mappers got together and agreed that a mordeth award would be better than having annoying maps released to play in the present. So we will not be releasing sf2013 until the year 4013. Extrapolating on current trends, society is guaranteed to continue to devolve, so doom will still be the best game in that time, though it could be that everyone will be to dumb to play it by then. Since we're all a bunch of pathetic basement dwellers who will leave no human offspring, the mordeth award will be given to the great great great... grandkittens of one of our cats... who will probably be indifferent to receiving it. But still, making future progeny of a species we don't even belong to indifferent is the best we can hope to accomplish and more than we deserve.

I wasn't talking about your map. I was talking about what was already there. It is the one where you see a cyberdemon in front of you at the starting room, followed by revenants when the walls lower to the adjacent floor. I think it would be cool if I were to make a map for this wad, something similar to map 30 from sf2011 but with some existing maps combined into one.

That sounds like my escapingthespirallabyrinth map, which shouldn't be map30 because of teleporting monsters. I wonder, is Ribbiks working on that map30 he said he might be working on? And lol mork, especially at the indifferent grankittens.