Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benclark

.png/32 bit textures in doombuilder?

I am having trouble being able to load any textures that I made for map in it's original 32bit state. I am also using XWE

I am using XWE and it seems from what I have figured out myself the only way to get custom textures in a .wad to show that it has textures that are not replacements is to right click on .PNG images within the .wad in XWE and add them to patch names and texture1.

However when I do this XWE seems to automatically convert them to the doom image format which downgrades it to 16bit and also forces it to abide by Doom's color palette.

So how do I load the original .png files to DoomBuilder so I can use them without XWE lowering their quality? Also does Zdoom support 32bit textures or is that just GZDoom?

I've only found GZDoom to use PNG textures in the source palette rather than Doom palette, and XWE always messed them up. I'm now using Slade 3 which is a hell of a lot easier to work with. Import the textures and add them to TEXTURE1 as you were and all should be well :)

jmickle66666666 said:

I've only found GZDoom to use PNG textures in the source palette rather than Doom palette, and XWE always messed them up. I'm now using Slade 3 which is a hell of a lot easier to work with. Import the textures and add them to TEXTURE1 as you were and all should be well :)

Thank you, I will try this then.