Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
c1rcu1tn3rd

Hows this sound?

Going to attempt to make a Doom WAD yet again and decided on a simple story in a text file. How does it sound?

The story so far

First the invasion came through the portals at Mars Base UAC. Then they invaded Earth and you defeated what you can only assume to be the Devil himself. However the Mother Demon survived the attack and resurrected many of the monsters. Descending into Hell once again through a hell-portal left over by the demons, you slaughtered the Mother and decided to remain in Hell so that no beasts should ever rise again. It's been 3 years now since you killed the final remaining demon, or so you thought. You see a light in the distance among the red mountains where "the Devil" had resided. Could he of actually survived? You can't be sure because after what appeared to be his destruction, you were whisked away by a teleport back home. You reach the mountains and hear the screams of the damned. You feel an uneasy darkness lingering over you as you clench the only weapon you have that has ammunition. A pistol and 50 bullets. Looks like it's time to kick some demon ass yet again!

c1rcu1tn3rd, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

c1rcu1tn3rd said:

First the invasion came through the portals at Mars Base UAC.

Is this a Doom 3 mod?

I think the story needs some more detail. For instance, you could explain how Doomguy survived in Hell for 3 years without demons and thus, presumably, no meat. What did he eat?

Gez said:

c1rcu1tn3rd, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I don't think he was even asking for anyone's help on the mod itself.

Gez said:

before you start asking...

c1rcu1tn3rd said:

Could he of actually survived?

If you would of proof-read, maybe you wouldn't of such errors in your text file.

Krispy said:

If you would of proof-read, maybe you wouldn't of such errors in your text file.

What was incorrect? I did proof read it a few times.

c1rcu1tn3rd said:

What was incorrect? I did proof read it a few times.

Could he have actually survived?

That's correct, right?

c1rcu1tn3rd said:

GCould he of actually survived? You can't be sure because after what appeared to be his destruction, you were whisked away by a teleport back home. You reach the mountains and hear the screams of the damned.

No, c1rcu1tn3rd. You are the demons.

Zed said:

That's correct, right?

Yep. Have, not of.

OK great! When will the wad be released?

Oh and...

Gez said:

Gez, before you start trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show.

In other words, he had the story as show..
that counts...?

Seen this story (or a variation on the same idea) a thousand times since 1995 and I'm still not tired of it. Hoping for a good vanilla map / mapset to go along with it.

Memfis said:

I think the story needs some more detail. For instance, you could explain how Doomguy survived in Hell for 3 years without demons and thus, presumably, no meat. What did he eat?

I suppose if you accept Doom 3's version of things, he probably doesn't need to eat. Remember that you had infinite stamina in Hell, I'd think you don't need any nutrition.

I wonder what roasted imp tastes like...

Fellowzdoomer said:

In other words, he had the story as show..
that counts...?

No, it doesn't count. Or it wouldn't if the OP was asking for any help, other than thoughts on his story. I agree that the newproject tag was misused here but for different reasons.

Memfis said:

For instance, you could explain how Doomguy survived in Hell for 3 years without demons and thus, presumably, no meat. What did he eat?

Enough dead demons to prepare a good supply of smoked/dried meat to last him an eternity? Though I suppose he'd have some problems going to the toilet, with such a diet....so finally those VINE walls would find a use?

Sodaholic said:

I wonder what roasted imp tastes like...

I bet Doom 3's hazmat scientist would know, since he managed to kill and dissect one without it turning into vapor. Hell, he was probably getting ready to eat it before Doom jumped out of a shaft and stole his PDA (Which of course had all of the needed cooking instructions).

Zed said:

That's correct, right?

I'm afraid it's not so simple, my childe. The distinction between "have" and "of" has divided the Elders of the Internet almost as hard as the "your" vs "you're" dispute.