Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babo

Has anyone beat doom 2 without dying?

I mean on UV difficulty without ever dying. Or even doom 1 for that matter? Is it even possible?

TimeOfDeath said:

lol, so that's why babo thinks doom2 sucks.

I'm probably better at doom / doom 2 single player than you are, pls go. It has nothing to do with difficulty.

Pirx said:

on nightmare. in less than 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3QDmOMnNc

Thanks for the link. Interestingly at 30:25 he shoots rockets but the ammo doesn't deplete. I thought there was just 1 rocket pack on that lift, how is that possible?

It isn't really that difficult, even if you are only moderately good. It's just a matter of knowing the maps and playing carefully, but keep in mind that if you play slowly, it could take you like 3-4 hours.

babo said:

I'm probably better at doom / doom 2 single player than you are, pls go.

Wow, you must be godlike! Do you have any demos? I'd love to see your awesome playing skills.

BTW there are several boxes of rockets on the lift on MAP30, they're just stacked on top of each other.

babo said:

I'm probably better at doom / doom 2 single player than you are, pls go. It has nothing to do with difficulty.

I wish I had an image macro for this, because I never thought I'd ever see someone say this to Time of Death

Hectic said:

Only if I played with God mode throughout the whole game.

Word.

Tarnsman said:

I wish I had an image macro for this, because I never thought I'd ever see someone say this to Time of Death

As in, a single play-through without saving your game? I can do it with the first three episodes of the original Doom. I can't make it far through episode 4 (and I hate this episode in general).I can also beat Doom 2 on Ultraviolence, but I'm not sure I could do it in a single sitting.

babo said:

o.O ...........

Slink said:

As in, a single play-through without saving your game? I can do it with the first three episodes of the original Doom. I can't make it far through episode 4 (and I hate this episode in general).

Me too. Doom 2 on the other hand, I need more practice. I can just about beat the game on 'hurt me plenty' with saves. If I don't save I usually give up after the first ten or so levels. And I'm not even close to beating that game on Ultra Violence.

babo said:

Look out, we got a badass in here! Add his name to the wiki section for Doom gods, that's how good he must be.

I recall during my first playthough of it on the GBA version I got through it without even once dying.

babo said:

:D :D :D

Hahahahahahahaha

haven't had a good laugh here in a while :)

I don't think I've ever completed Doom 2 all at once. I can do it without dying, but I usually get tired of playing by around the mid-teens.

Well I do admit I hated doom2 in the 90's because the new monsters were way too hard for me and it was just overall harder than doom EP1 in general.