Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Alternate secret maps for Doom 2 [UPDATED]

After I saw this thread, I figured it might be cool to put the PSX Lost Levels version of the secret maps into the PC version of the game. BaronOfStuff granted me permission to release my results.

Download pre-final version 2 here. (bugfixed and better dehacked structure)
Download Version 1 (not recommended)

The Dehacked patch is required. If it is not loaded, MAP31 will be littered with Keens and MAP32 cannot be completed without visiting a secret area. (Keens become meat hooks, and the Cyberdemon uses KEENDEATH rather than BOSSDEATH) EDIT: Dehacked patch is not required anymore, I decided on a better structure. Keen is still replaced with the hook, but all other hooks use the dead Lost Soul object. This way, if you don't load the DEH patch, there are no out of place Keens, and MAP32 is completable in the original way.

It's pre-final because Baron is going to update a few things, and I'd like to keep my PC versions synchronized before uploading to idgames. (If you're reading this, BaronOfStuff, this version is newer than the one I sent you via PM)

Now this is what the mongs in charge of the BFG Edition should have done! :P A quick note though, are the secret pillars in MAP32 supposed to be openable by monsters? It kind of kills what secrecy they have.

Whoops. Yeah, they're not supposed to do that. I just fixed it, turns out I forgot to flag the lines and not just the sectors as secret, which convinces the monsters to ignore it.

I hate to double post and bump after a very short duration, but I uploaded a new version. The secrets on MAP32 have been fixed. If you do not load the Dehacked patch, hooks simply don't exist, and the Keens are still in their original spot and nowhere else.

beautiful ;)

this is what the secret maps should have been - wolf3d without being copied too obviously and breaking the style of the game, and with some height variation.