Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Random deaths & corpses boredom mini-mod

Mostly a compilation of the deaths that weren't ridiculous found in various Brutal Doom versions (as well as id and R667 content) without all the obscenity with the weapons or other features. The other feature of this small mod is random marine corpses and proper blood used for the baron/knight and caco. I also had to use a new color for the caco because all of the alternate deaths would not meld without the new color.

Download

Edit: Compiled a credits list.
Edit 2: Fixed some of the corpse variations not showing, courtesy of Ed the Bat from ZDoom forums helping and showing what I did wrong.

SLADE: To able to convert all sprites to Doom gfx for vanilla ZDoom compatibility and the mirror function.
id Software: Inverted normal monster death sprites
Rogue Entertainment: Sergeant alt death 2
Brutal Doom/SgtMarkIV: Some to many of the monster deaths and marine corpses
Blox: Arachnotron alt death, Mancubus alt death 1, Imp alt death 3, Hell Knight alt death 1
Vader: Baron alt death 1, Imp alt death 1 & 2, Hell Knight alt death 1 & 2, Sergeant alt death 2
Neoworm: Demon alt death 1
ItsNatureToDie: Baron alt death 1, Imp alt death 1 & 2, Hell Knight alt death 2, Zombieman alt death 1
Kinsie: Imp alt death 2, Sergeant alt death 1
Minigunner: Mancubus alt death 2, Sergeant alt death 1, Zombieman alt death 1
Eriance: Mancubus alt death 2, Hell Knight alt death 3, Revenant alt death 1
osjclatchford: Imp alt death 3, Sergeant alt death 2
Phi108: Sergeant alt death 1

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a whirl. I noticed you said that the cacodemon was recoloured, any other monsters recoloured or is it simply the caco?

Nice work Chris, some really nice animation pack here.

I could use some of them in my own doom pack.

FreddBoy said:

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a whirl. I noticed you said that the cacodemon was recoloured, any other monsters recoloured or is it simply the caco?

The Caco is only darker because the alternate deaths came from Brutal Doom, as did the recolored Caco. No other monsters are altered in that way.

This works really well with Perk's smooth anims (and its variants) and the Minor Sprite Fix WAD (if loaded before this).

However, I am still looking for more dead marine variations other than those found on Realm667. The download may say V4 but it is actually V1 for public release.

I have moved the mod contents into a PK3 and the file appears to be about 400KB smaller. I assume this is because of PK3 compression?

Tested with both and multiple ports as well.

I've included more variation in the PK3 version (WIP tho) without touching original gameplay.

I definitely should come up with a better name on the next release.

Used it today, and enjoyed it. Pretty cool! Are the original deaths weighted to appear more frequently? Alternate deaths (even mirrored corpses) seemed relatively rare.